Monitors New Monitor-27" or 24" ?

lokeshv

Disciple
Hi,
currently i am dell 22" E-series and planning to add one extra monitor , main usage will be text and movies, no gaming.
looking to buy a good ips panel but confuse about should go for 27" or 24" (both at 1920 res),

will 27" at 1920 will be difficult to work for coding etc ?

all suggestion/experiences are welcome.

Thanks,

Depends on viewing distance. For typical ~1 foot distance even 24" at 1920x is too grainy, let alone 27".

Once you are at 3 feet or more, 27 is fine for that resolution. The main problem will be grainy text and pixelated icons, not to mention visible pixels in your wallpaper etc. Gaming and video are significantly less affected than graphics and text.

I'm primarily gaming or watching videos and 27" for me is perfect. After I got it I was thinking to myself that I should've got it much before than I did! Also I do quite a bit of writing and that hasn't yet been a problem for me.

My viewing distance is around 3-4 foot. I updated from a 21.5" monitor.

buying a 27" monitor with 1920x res is not my first choice, but currently i am working on 22" (1680x1050)
so if i buy 24" dont know it will be really a upgrade or not.

and 27" with higher res is just out of my budget. i can spend arnd 30k but not 45 k.

maybe i should wait till higher res monitors price drops or i can spend 45 k :)

if i decide to buy a27" then aoc will be my first choice

http://www.infibeam.com/Monitor/i-AOC-27-Inch-IPS-Monitor/P-CA-MO-AOC-I2757FH.html

any other better option ?

Thanks all for reply.

maybe i should wait till higher res monitors price drops or i can spend 45 k :)

Former is not going to be possible unless you go with korean monitors and not Dell or similar.

Aiming for higher resolution is always the right thing to do. The problem is having sufficient graphics horsepower to drive it if you do a lot of gaming, but that's another matter. Higher resolution always looks better and sharper, all other things being equal.

in current situation i think i should buy a 27" and use my current monitor as second display.
i dont want to spend 45k on monitor currently

Consider teh Korean LEDs for 27" monitors with higher resolution (2560 x 1440) ... I, and 2 of my friends got those @ around 26k a piece. Depending on what you buy and the USD INR rate, these should be very well within your budget. Brilliant investment in my opinion. BUy from Accessories Whole

Consider teh Korean LEDs for 27" monitors with higher resolution (2560 x 1440) ... I, and 2 of my friends got those @ around 26k a piece. Depending on what you buy and the USD INR rate, these should be very well within your budget. Brilliant investment in my opinion. BUy from Accessories Whole

How much customs did you end up paying?

HI,

can you pls post some more details, maybe listing link,custom paid ,total cost etc. Thanks

16:10 or 16:9 AR monitors are for MOVIE WATCHING/GAMING, If you are serious about programming get a 4:3 AR monitor, even though its difficult to get a one now.

For programming you need more vertical space rather than more horizontal space (wide screen) because when you will open an IDE like VS, the title bar, toolbars, output /error window, etc and the OS taskbar will takeaway much of your vertical space and you will be left with little space to see your actual code !!!

get an adapter?[DOUBLEPOST=1381476749][/DOUBLEPOST]
A 27" screen offers no additional 'real estate' over a 9" tablet screen of the exact same resolution, just larger pixels.

Screen real estate is defined as the total display pixel count, not their physical size.

is that from a designer's technical pov? my definition of screen real estate is slightly more around display area.......

No, just the ability to put more stuff on the screen.

The difference between, for example, a 12*12 room versus 15*15 is the extra chair or sofa or walking space. It's exactly the same with desktops and applications. You get to see more without scrollbars, or can place another 16 icons on the desktop. It's pretty simple, actually.

okay finally i have decided to buy dell 2412, which comes with 1920x1200 resolution.

i don’t think 27" with 1080 res is really good for my use.

27" monitors are recommended if going for 1440p resolution otherwise 24" or 22" is best with a resolution of 1920x1080. The most popular and best among them are :
Dell S2240L LED IPS -8500,
Dell S2440L LED IPS -13500.

Back