New network layout.. Any suggestions?

ChambeRFienD

Disciple
Well, at work, I suggested a new network layout, and they gave me the go. We have 9 computers, one which is a web server, a graphic design computer, a computer which functions as a web server along with managing customer accounts, and the rest are multi-function computers.

My thought-up network layout:

Static-IP Cable Connection
|
|
[Hardware Firewall]
|
|
Windows 2000 Adv. Server
(Handles user accounts and has will have network storage space)
(Software Firewall)
|
|
[Router or switch]
|
|
|-------Web Server (Needs to have all port 80 traffic from internet connection forwarded to it)
|
|-------Print Server with accounts on it
|
|-------Graphic Design Computer
|
|-------Computer 3
|-------Computer 4
|-------Computer 5
|
| (c- Wireless laptop 1
|
| (c- Wireless laptop 2 (Remote admin of 2000 Adv Server)
Any suggestions? Sorry I couldn't show a better idea of what I'm doing. I'm not good at text art. Well.. I'm not good at any art really. =P

Before we proceed to study whether your new network layout is right or secure if that is a concern[it should be a concern] can you tell me what all public services will be rendered by & how many computers?

You have already written about web server,what about the "managing customer accounts part" ? Is there a back end database which the information gets written to from the remote internet?
Also a detailed information regarding network hardware would be appreciated.

Due to the amount of information you have provided I'm a bit skeptical to comment on but one thing I cant stop ranting about is the usage of a software firewall on the Windows 2000 Adv. Server.I dont see any reason for anyone to install a application based firewall on a server.Unless ofcourse you use that machine for surfing the internet for your daily chores & are looking for outbound protection from malware which would IMHO completely defy the purpose of a "server" machine.But thats just me !

Back