Budget 41-50k New PC Advice excluding monitor, keyboard and mouse

masterkd

Disciple
My nephew needs a new system and requested my help to finalize the build.
Below is the questionnaire.
  1. What is your budget?
    • 45K+1K(max)
  2. What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
    • Old laptop with 5th gen i3 (no discreet graphics)
  3. Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
    • Already have monitor (22" full HD), keyboard and mouse
  4. Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
    • CPU - i5 12400
    • Motherboard - ASUS Prime H610M-A D4/ASRock H610M-HDV/M.2
    • RAM - Corsair Vengeance 8GB 3200MHz
    • SSD - Crucial MX500 500GB
    • HDD - WD Blue 1 TB
    • PSU - Cooler Master MWE 550 V2
    • Cabinet - Corsair Spec 01
    • UPS - Microtek 650 VA (need to include UPS in this budget)
  5. Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
    • Will add GPU later when prices come down to normal
  6. Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
    • Noida/Delhi
  7. Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
    • No
  8. What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
    • Gaming
    • Browsing
    • Coding
    • Photoshop/Animation
    • Watching HD movies
  9. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
    • Like to stay away from MSI as I have heard many complaints about their service lately.
  10. If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
    • Far Cry 6, Cyberpunk 2077
  11. What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
    1. 1920x1080
  12. Are you looking to overclock?
    • No
  13. Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
    • Windows 10/11 64 bit

Last edited:
I would say upgrade your psu to atleast 700watts 750 ideal.
I512400 can handle upto a 3070 if later u find urself upgrading to such a card you might also have to upgrade your psu.
Upgrade till 1660ti/s even rtx2060. With 550 watts

Please consider 16GB RAM as that is now required for running games on top of WIndows 10/11.
Also, get a good 750 watt PSU from Corsair or similar brand as suggested above. This will last few builds (5-7 years minimum) in case you upgrade later.
Lastly, that 650VA UPS will trip with a 600+ watt PSU even when powering on the PC. If UPS is a must, you need at least 1KVA or preferably more.

Thank you all for all the suggestion.
Current plan is to go with 8 GB ram and later add 8 GB more.
Also graphics car will be at max similar to 2060 super, may be less. And as there is the hard budget limit it is tough to go beyond 550W.
UPS is just till the the community power backup comes up (2 mins approx). And due to budget constraint tough to go beyond.

Just gonna drop my tip here. Do not cheap out for PSU. Go for 80+ or 80+Bronze rated. Power surges, fluctuations can and will damage your components some day if you go for cheaper 80 or non rated PSUs.

Back