PC Peripherals New PC configuration, Budget 30k~

I am planning to buy the following.

Proccy E8400 / Q8400 - more inclined towards the quad though. Please suggest pros and cons

Mobo Gigabyte G33 S2L/ other G43 /G41 models - Had a nice experience on a G33 before with the G33FB intel board at work. I need to get an onborad as I dont have the dough to complete a P35 with a graphic card rite now. Pls suggest some other board with the chipset or some other chipset altogether if that is more advantageous to go for.

Also It should bear a PCI Express Slot for a Graphics card. I am planning a HD4850 or lower as it is a 19 inch screen max. So wat is the difference btw a x4 and a x16 slot. Will it effect performance for the class of card i am interested in.

Also I am not much interested in OC ing as am going for a considerably expensive proccy.

I only play online multiplayer games on the local insti LAN like FIFA dota which work fine on the GMA X3100.

19 inch monitor - suggest brand ( Only for viewing HD 1080 movies minor gaming/ No pro photo stuff)

Suggest the cheapest reliable PSU to go for keeping in mind that I will purchase a HD4850 or equivalent down the line.

And the rest usual stuff.

All together this works out to be abt 30k. Which incidently is the max I can spend.

So pour in your modifications money saving or performance improving within the said budget. You may as well suggest an altogether different config but pls limit it to an intel proccy.

Its not the risk but the hassle I dont want to get into.

Also Ps Oc better than Gs and then i would hae to buy gf now then i would have to settle for a cheaper GPU.

Anyway that was my thinking.

You can suggest if the complete system comes under 28-30 k and performs better with minor <30% OC then why not. Also I would have to invest in a expensive PSU too to OC.

Go Ahead, we can discuss.

Consider AMD Phenom II X3 + 780G chipset motherboard + DDRII memory. Will save you some more money for your graphics card purchase.

For PSU you can go for VIP(I have been using it for 7 years and have had no problems yet) which is cheap as compared to CoolerMaster or Antec and you can rely on it. Suggestion is based on your budget else sky is the limit.

@ AMien I read that post you linked to and the reason I want Intel is for technical reasons beyond the scope of this discussion (something related to academic project I am undertaking) amd not from a bias towards Intel.

Beside the GIGabyte brand suggest other G33/G31 models.

Back