New PC for a friend

Deb0

Disciple
Questions

Q: What is your budget?
25k -30 k (30k max)
Q: What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
none

Q: Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model
N.A

Q: Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
CPU - Intel
Motherboard - plz suggest
GPU - 9500 gt performance
RAM - 2 gb DDR2
Monitor - 19 inch
SMPS - suggest with cabinet

Q: Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
N.A

Q: Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
Kolkata

Q: Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
No
Q: What is your intended use for this PC/hardware

Multimedia & Animation
Browsing
Desktop Processing
HTPC

Q: Are you looking to overclock?
No

Q: Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
Windows 7 64 bit

For multimedia and Animation better get a Quad Core AMD instead of Intel

Components Description Price (INR)

Processor AMD Athlon II X4 635(2.9Ghz, 4 cores, 2MB Cache) 4900

Motherboard Biostar TA785GE 3700

RAM 4GB(2*2) 800MHz Kingston DDRII RAM 4600

HDD 500 GB WD Blue 2100

Monitor Benq G2020HD 6300

Cabinet Zebronics Bijili 1100

PSU/SMPS FSP SAGAII 350w 1600

Key Board Logitech SET - Optical Blk Mouse+ MMKB 700

Mouse NA -

ODD L.G. GH22NS30 /Samsung SH-S22F SATA DVD-Writer 1000

Speakers Altec Lansing 2.1 BXR1121 1000

Total 27000

If friend in not a pro then the onboard IGP would suffice i guess. Wait for others to comment on which GPU to use for the rig. Get an UPS like the APC 550VA ~ 1.9k or Numeric 600VA ~ 1.6k if you have lots of power cuts or voltage fluctuations in ur area.

Thx for your reply ...DarkAngel :)

I hv told my friend for about 100 times to go for AMD, but he seems to stick with Intel, as its the only known brand to newcomers & some of his relatives suggested him.

So plz suggest a Intel Proc & a decent mobo with it.

& he is just buying his first pc & dosent know anything abt this pc world ..but still he told me, he would like to buy a gfx card which will help him to play some games & some of his multimedia friends suggested him to buy it, so suggest according to that.

Yea forget about the Ups, thx for incuding it ..i think a 600VA ll be enough for his pc.

Back