Budget 90k+ New PC for gaming/multimedia - Flexible by 10/20%

will a Cooler Master RGB 120mm v2 AIO better than HYPER 212 RGB Black ?
For non overclocking gaming build, in my view air cooler is good enough. Less headache the better. Even you stock cooler wouldn't throttle, though a decent after market cooler would help with couple of mhz boost and lower temp.
I would assume 120mm AIO wouldn't be better against a decent air cooler, 240/360 is where you will see the difference and they costs more.

Also just a generic question, am planning to buy quiet a few things of Amazon using their No Cost EMI option , any brands to avoid on Amazon dye to potential warranty issues due to Amazon purchase ?

Also just a generic question, am planning to buy quiet a few things of Amazon using their No Cost EMI option , any brands to avoid on Amazon dye to potential warranty issues due to Amazon purchase ?
Hi Mate

Whatever you buy, pls dont buy MSI, their after sales service sucks, friends of mine have had lot of horror stories to tell, even i did 4 years ago for peace of mind choose ASUS .

may be off topic but enough for .....

Bought Ptron TWS (Rs.999/-) from Amazon.in, within month, one side went bad... contact amazon... they said 10 days over now can't help, go to Brand Service.

Contact Brand Service, they are very prompt to reply, but as soon as I told that bought from Amazon... game over... stop replying... and after that for every email/call... just keep getting automated reply/message.

after 2-3 months lots of hassle & lodge complaint via Govt. Portal (came to know about portal from TE Thread), then only they replied and after that within 20 days they sent New.

Long story short.. buy from Local Seller, no matter if need to pay some more, as if any issue happens, local seller will help you but no ecommerce or sellers @ ecommerce site

HTH
Hi Mate

Whatever you buy, pls dont buy MSI, their after sales service sucks, friends of mine have had lot of horror stories to tell, even i did 4 years ago for peace of mind choose ASUS .
Yes, waiting period is too long for MSI if you not from Delhi. One of my friend's MSI (latest high-end model- in 2019) developed some issue, just in 20-25 days of purchase @ Mumbai.

It requires to send @ Delhi Service Center and took 30 days.

Local sellers was good that he provide Standby Motherboard to keep system alive.

Last edited:
Thanks for your inputs, I will see if the sellers can give their own invoices for warranty even if purchased from Amazon

Thanks for your inputs, I will see if the sellers can give their own invoices for warranty even if purchased from Amazon

I also have sellers invoice, but I'm at Mumbai, seller at Bangalore and Service Center at Hyderabad.

I Bare Rs.200/- shipping charges to Hyderabad, so finally the TWS cost me @1200/-

Am ok with having to bear shipping charges as long as warranty is applicable, Most of the brands for PC have service center in Bangalore so hopefully i have that covered as long as they agree its a valid purchase.

Also had a second question , is it worth keeping my existing setup from a gaming perspective. I will just upgrade my current GPU to 1080ti/2070 and use it as dedicated HTPC for multimedia and gaming with my HT setup.

Last edited:
Am ok with having to bear shipping charges as long as warranty is applicable, Most of the brands for PC have service center in Bangalore so hopefully i have that covered as long as they agree its a valid purchase.

Also had a second question , is it worth keeping my existing setup from a gaming perspective. I will just upgrade my current GPU to 1080ti/2070 and use it as dedicated HTPC for multimedia and gaming with my HT setup.

Guys , any recommendations on point no.2 ? Its going to be a 4k HTPC setup , will 1080ti be able to run 4k 30fps for most of the games on my current setup ?

I am not sure about the question.
i5 6500 + 1080ti can't do 4k gaming
i5 6500 + 1080ti for HTPC is overkill. i5 6500 has iGPU, that's good enough for HTPC.

I am not sure about the question.
i5 6500 + 1080ti can't do 4k gaming
i5 6500 + 1080ti for HTPC is overkill. i5 6500 has iGPU, that's good enough for HTPC.

The HT room has a 4k display. I want to game at 4k 30 fps and normal multimedia usage, if the system cannot do 4k 30 fps also then as suggested i would rather sell it off and use something like Nvidia Shield Pro/Apple TV 4K.

Makes zero sense to buy intel now. I wouldn't bother. Please don't buy the h510. I have an h700 that I recently dumped for an o11 dynamic. NZXT cases now don't have the same build quality as before. Get the lancool.

Also for motherboard, get the gaming edge WiFi instead of tomahawk. It has a better vrm setup and wifi6 for 1k more.

Edit: Board is on sale on amazon for a very good price today:

I am also interested in this board but what about after sales service of MSI? I heard that it's not good. Kindly reply.

I am also interested in this board but what about after sales service of MSI? I heard that it's not good. Kindly reply.
Haven't personally had the need to rma any item so far but have heard bad reports of the same. However there are bad reports for Gigabyte and Asus as well so take it with a grain of salt. As for the board, it's the best in the price range.

Haven't personally had the need to rma any item so far but have heard bad reports of the same. However there are bad reports for Gigabyte and Asus as well so take it with a grain of salt. As for the board, it's the best in the price range.
Thx u. Just ordering 1.

I have been using msi board for around a year. first it was MSI b450 Tomahawk and last week I got MSI x570 Tomahawk max wifi. now the thing is that it's true that msi have bad reputation but if you know right people they can get your job properly. MSI is one of top MB in price to performance ratio. I would call it VFM. ASUS also sucks at service and have personally seen people crying out loud about the same. but still I was willing to for their Gaming monitor in 30k to 40k mark. I have a ASUS Zenphone MAX M1 still waiting for the promissed ANDROID 10 update but in no way I think the device is of low quality. over the same experice I did got a ASUS k3 Keyboard on which I am typing.

What I am saying is it's all a gamble. especially in covid situation. just get what you think is great. A$$ will always be an issue. I have seen people breaking Gigabyte motherboard for their bad service for remote area where as I personally have done RMA for my Gigabyte 880 series motherboard like 10 times or so when I was in college. no questions asked and service was top notch.

Have experice with Corsair, LG too. A$$ is subjective to place and your knowledge to nock the right door.

@nac @Chaos @puns
Slight change in plan, i got a 2080ti used from the forum. I can go upto 1L for the remaining components if I need to , this is what I have shortlisted right now using Ankit Infotech. Can you guys also suggest the current market prices against for the same as I can bargain for something similar

Currently thinking of below components

AMD RYZEN 7 3800X PROCESSOR (UPTO 4.5 GHZ / 36 MB CACHE)

ASUS ROG STRIX B550-F Gaming (Wi-Fi) Motherboard / ASUS TUF Gaming B550M-Plus (Wi-Fi) Motherboard

CORSAIR VENGEANCE RGB PRO 16GB (16GBx1) DDR4 3200MHz RAM (CMW16GX4M1Z3200C16) *2
'
KINGSTON A2000 1000GB M.2 NVMe SSD (SA2000M8-1000G)

LIAN LI LANCOOL II MESH RGB CABINET (WHITE) / LIAN LI PC O11 DYNAMIC RAZER EDITION MID TOWER GAMING CABINET

COOLER MASTER HYPER H410R RGB LED CONTROLLER CPU COOLER

ANTEC HCG-850 WATTS 80 PLUS BRONZE MODULAR POWER SUPPLY / ANTEC HCG850 EXTREME 80 PLUS GOLD SMPS (HCG-850-EXTREME)

Using online prices build comes to about 95k , would it be possible to bargain beyond 10k for discount ?

1) Don't waste money on a 3800x. Buy a 5800x or 5600x if you find them in stock. Else get a 3700x.

2) ROG Strix is fine. Tuf gaming isn't a great board. I'd buy MSI Gaming Edge over both however

3) Find a better cooler than hyper 410r. It is good only for low end CPUs. Even a hyper 212 evo or Deepcool Gammax is better

4) Get the gold version of HCG. The Bronze version is a crap psu.

As for computer parts - there's not much scope for bargaining.

1) Don't waste money on a 3800x. Buy a 5800x or 5600x if you find them in stock. Else get a 3700x.

2) ROG Strix is fine. Tuf gaming isn't a great board. I'd buy MSI Gaming Edge over both however

3) Find a better cooler than hyper 410r. It is good only for low end CPUs. Even a hyper 212 evo or Deepcool Gammax is better

4) Get the gold version of HCG. The Bronze version is a crap psu.

As for computer parts - there's not much scope for bargaining.
Thanks Chaos
i) The 5800x is about 10k more expensive, would it be worth the additional cost ? 5600x is not in stock anywhere I notice
ii) Many people advised against getting a MSI due to bad A.S.S , would probably go for the ASUS ROG Strix
iii) Sure, i can go for something higher too if it helps.
iv) Thanks, will do the same.

Thanks Chaos
i) The 5800x is about 10k more expensive, would it be worth the additional cost ? 5600x is not in stock anywhere I notice
ii) Many people advised against getting a MSI due to bad A.S.S , would probably go for the ASUS ROG Strix
iii) Sure, i can go for something higher too if it helps.
iv) Thanks, will do the same.

3700x will do, 5800x only if you have budget and not finding 5600x
All companies support is kinda same. MSI used to have issues. If you like the Asus Strix fine or else Mag Tomahawk or gaming edge wifi
Get the gammax 400 v2 cooler if you dont want to spend more than 2k
850w is overkill unless you have plans to upgrade to 3080 or 3090 kinda gpu in future. HCG Gold or Antec 750G will do
SSD is fine
Invest in good fans for your system like Arctic P12 / P14 PWM depending on the cabby you get

Back