Budget 90k+ New PC for gaming/multimedia - Flexible by 10/20%

3700x will do, 5800x only if you have budget and not finding 5600x
All companies support is kinda same. MSI used to have issues. If you like the Asus Strix fine or else Mag Tomahawk or gaming edge wifi
Get the gammax 400 v2 cooler if you dont want to spend more than 2k
850w is overkill unless you have plans to upgrade to 3080 or 3090 kinda gpu in future. HCG Gold or Antec 750G will do
SSD is fine
Invest in good fans for your system like Arctic P12 / P14 PWM depending on the cabby you get

If its going to future proof me further than wont mind spending on the 5800x
Will have a look at the 2 options thanks
For cooler budget is not an issue, but am scared to go for a liquid cooler due to risk of what happens if it leaks and the need for any maintenance.
I do plan on going for a 3080/3090 if need arises hence want the extra reserve.
I am thinking of going for the Lian LI O11 Razer Synapse edition

If its going to future proof me further than wont mind spending on the 5800x
Will have a look at the 2 options thanks
For cooler budget is not an issue, but am scared to go for a liquid cooler due to risk of what happens if it leaks and the need for any maintenance.
I do plan on going for a 3080/3090 if need arises hence want the extra reserve.
I am thinking of going for the Lian LI O11 Razer Synapse edition

well if you are going all in then 5800x
Go for air cooler like deepcool assasin 3 or noctua nh-u12a
O11 D is more suitable for liquid cooled system but with a full fan setup, you should be good to go. Lancool 2 / Phantek p400a / Fractal Design R6 or 7 are some good options if you want to consider

R5 / i5 is good enough for gaming. I wouldn't spend more on CPU for just gaming.
If you don't wanna go for MSI, B550 TUF Gaming M Plus or Aorus Pro are decent boards fro Asus and Gigabyte.
Since 3600mhz doesn't cost much, you can go for that.
Use stock cooler for now. If you find the need for after market cooler, you can go for one. Hyper 212, Arctic Freezer 34 Duo, Noctua D14 (pick the one based on your budget).
As for bargaining, you can try in local stores and see how much you can lower the price. With online sellers, you can avoid payment gateway charges by sending the money directly to their bank account. Other than that there is not much you can get from them.
Mind the CPU clearance in your cabinet choice.

Budget 126.1K

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X -32.5k
Gigabyte B550Aorus Elite AX Wifi -15.9k
ADATA XPG SPECTRIX D60G RGB 16GB (8GBx2) 3600Mhz -9.2k
Kingston A2000 1TB NVME SSD -9.1k
Inno3D RTX3060 Ti 8GB Twin X2 OC -42.4k
Antec DF600 FLUX Cabinet -6.2k
Antec EA650G Pro 650W -6.7k
CoolerMaster Hyper 212 RGB -4.1k
Total -126.1k

All above prices are taken from www.vedantcomputers.com

Thanks Chaos
i) The 5800x is about 10k more expensive, would it be worth the additional cost ? 5600x is not in stock anywhere I notice
ii) Many people advised against getting a MSI due to bad A.S.S , would probably go for the ASUS ROG Strix
iii) Sure, i can go for something higher too if it helps.
iv) Thanks, will do the same.
If you plan to keep it long term then yes. Otherwise no.

MSI has bad after sales but so does pretty much every other motherboard maker. If you feel safer with Asus, sure go with it. B550 Strix is a good board, albeit overpriced.

Thanks for your input guys, 5600x seems to be in stock so my bad. So have finalized the below

CPU - AMD Ryzen 5600x
Mobo - ASUS ROG STRIX B550-F Gaming
RAM - 16GB DDR4 3600 RGB *2
SSD - Kingston A2000 NVME (and my old HDD)
SMPS - Antec HCG-850-EXTREME
Cabinet - Still to finalize between Lian LI II Mesh RGB/ Lian LI O11/ O11 Razer Synapse (if available)
Cooler - CM Hyper 212 Plus RGB

One question I had was for all the modules where there is RGB lighting can it be turned off if needed ? Reason I ask is its going to be likely placed in a room with Projector and too much lighting might cause issues during some projector usage scenarios.
@Chaos @nac can you recommend some fans for the Lian LI O11 case , thinking of 3 top, 3 side and 1 back configuration.

ANT ESPORTS SUPERFLOW 120 KIT ARGB CABINET FAN * 2 kits (6 fans) and 1 Corsair fan​

Last edited:
can u plz share ram details of RAM u finalized? band/make
And the cheapest 3600mhz 16gb(8gbx2) non rgb kit is available at 6.4k from primeabgb.com
This kit i am using since last year October and its working very fine.

Link for purchase :https://www.primeabgb.com/online-pr...x8gb-3600mhz-ddr4-memory-f4-3600c19d-16gsxwb/

I am using this below kit
G.Skill SniperX 16GB 8GBx2 3600Mhz

For desktop / DDR4 / package : 2 / 3600MHz (PC4-28800) / RAM timing : CL19-20-20-40 / 1.35V / XMP / Heat Sink : Sink / Sink Color: Silver

Toms Hardware Review:https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gskill-sniper-x-16gb-ddr4-3600-dual-channel-kit,5491.html?hcb=1

Why single stick and not dual channel (two sticks) of RAM ?

Going for 2 sticks itself, 16gb*2. Gave the link to indicate that this is the one I am going ahead with.

Many thanks to everyone who helped me choose , have placed the order for below today and should be delivered by tonight or tomorrow morning. I went a little overboard on the case and cooler but have always skimped on the same so decided to ignore my mind and go with the heart :p

CPU - AMD Rzyen 5600X
Motherboard - ASUS ROG STRIX B550-F Gaming (Wi-Fi) Motherboard
RAM - CORSAIR VENGEANCE RGB PRO 16GB DDR4 3200MHz ( 2 Units) -----
PSU - ANTEC HCG850 - 80 Extreme PLUS GOLD SMPS
SSD - KINGSTON A2000 1000GB M.2 NVMe SSD
CASE - LIAN LI PC O11 DYNAMIC RAZER EDITION MID TOWER GAMING CABINET
Cabinet Fan - Deepcool RF120 FS ( 3 fans in a box package) * 2 units
CPU COOLER - Lian Li Galahad 360 ARGB CPU Liquid Cooler

Just a final question , i have a Asus VG248Q monitor. I want a 2k 144 HZ monitor with IPS display with decent clarity. Any suggestions please ?

Last edited:
@Chaos @nac can you recommend some fans for the Lian LI O11 case , thinking of 3 top, 3 side and 1 back configuration.

ANT ESPORTS SUPERFLOW 120 KIT ARGB CABINET FAN * 2 kits (6 fans) and 1 Corsair fan​

Any branded fans should last long, I assume. Popular brands like Corsair, CM, Antec etc.

Just a final question , i have a Asus VG248Q monitor. I want a 2k 144 HZ monitor with IPS display with decent clarity. Any suggestions please ?
What's your budget for the monitor? Are you looking at more of the high end stuff?

For top tier IPS it's either the Asus VG27AQL1A (2k 144/170Hz) or the LG 27GL850. Both are around the 36k~37k range at the moment. If you can wait for sales/offers, the LG will be available for around 33ish on Amazon

What's your budget for the monitor? Are you looking at more of the high end stuff?

For top tier IPS it's either the Asus VG27AQL1A (2k 144/170Hz) or the LG 27GL850. Both are around the 36k~37k range at the moment. If you can wait for sales/offers, the LG will be available for around 33ish on Amazon

Went for VG27AQL1A , thanks for your advice.

Also do you guys think it will be good to get a 3080 to game 2k/120 and 4k/60 over a 2080TI , will the performance boost be noticeable in actual gameplay and not merely the FPS. Please note that i play only CS GO and FIFA competitively, rest I might indulge into multiplayer but not at a serious level

Went for VG27AQL1A , thanks for your advice.

Also do you guys think it will be good to get a 3080 to game 2k/120 and 4k/60 over a 2080TI , will the performance boost be noticeable in actual gameplay and not merely the FPS. Please note that i play only CS GO and FIFA competitively, rest I might indulge into multiplayer but not at a serious level
I have a 3080 that I've upgraded to from an RTX 2060.

Short answer: Don't get a 3080, 2080ti can hold you over till the 4xxx series cards.

Long Answer:

How are you measuring performance boost if you're not using FPS as the metric? The 1% lows?

A 2080ti can easily play CS:GO/fifa/other e-sports titles at 2k/144. Chances are you're probably toning down settings to remove visual clutter in FPS games anyway so in your case it can do 2k/170 for CS.

4k is what you should be asking yourself.

There are numerous comparisons on youtube for 3080 vs 2080ti like :
[skip to around 5:42 for the 4k conclusion]

Basically you do get a 25 percent fps boost at 4K... but the 2080ti is already crossing 4k60 in avg fps most of the time anyway and if it's not, you may have to tone down some settings to get 4k60. If you're willing to do that then there is no reason to upgrade.

I'd argue that you're better off keeping your 2080ti and going for the next gen GPUs whenever they arrive. See how the 3070 is on par with the 2080ti. Chances are the next gen 4070 will outperform the 3080 for a cheaper price.

If you want the absolute best and have cash to burn then sure, go ahead and get the 3080. You can sell your 2080ti for 45+ and buy a new 3080 when prices normalize. You'd be effectively paying around 35k+ for a 25 % boost in performance. Whether that is worth it is up to you.

I have a 3080 that I've upgraded to from an RTX 2060.

Short answer: Don't get a 3080, 2080ti can hold you over till the 4xxx series cards.

Long Answer:

How are you measuring performance boost if you're not using FPS as the metric? The 1% lows?

A 2080ti can easily play CS:GO/fifa/other e-sports titles at 2k/144. Chances are you're probably toning down settings to remove visual clutter in FPS games anyway so in your case it can do 2k/170 for CS.

4k is what you should be asking yourself.

There are numerous comparisons on youtube for 3080 vs 2080ti like :
[skip to around 5:42 for the 4k conclusion]

Basically you do get a 25 percent fps boost at 4K... but the 2080ti is already crossing 4k60 in avg fps most of the time anyway and if it's not, you may have to tone down some settings to get 4k60. If you're willing to do that then there is no reason to upgrade.

I'd argue that you're better off keeping your 2080ti and going for the next gen GPUs whenever they arrive. See how the 3070 is on par with the 2080ti. Chances are the next gen 4070 will outperform the 3080 for a cheaper price.

If you want the absolute best and have cash to burn then sure, go ahead and get the 3080. You can sell your 2080ti for 45+ and buy a new 3080 when prices normalize. You'd be effectively paying around 35k+ for a 25 % boost in performance. Whether that is worth it is up to you.

Thanks a ton for your detailed reply. I am not worried about the 1% lows , just need average fps to hit 50-60. Am willing to sacrifice some part of the settings and what you recommend makes absolute sense in terms of waiting, since the 2080ti is also relatively newly bought I will use it for a good time and then if I feel myself needing an upgrade will take a call.

Back