New PC for graphics/ animation work within Rs.10 - 15K.

I want to buy new New PC for graphics/ animation work.
My budget is Rs.10 - 15K.

Will be doing some 2D,3D(all sort of animation,flash, graphics work)
Open to purchase used and under warranty items from TE Market and new items from Lamington Road (Mumbai) only.

No upgrades and overclocking for one/ two year to the least and I would not be adding/ upgrading any component in the near future except monitor.

I already have the 17'' monitor, KB and mouse so please suggest on following items

Motherboard
Processor
Graphic card
Ram
500 GB HDD
CPU Cabinet
SMPS

Looking for good n reliable confuguration.
Pls add on item(s) in case if I have missed out any important item for animation/ graphic work

Thanks in advance.

man u r really of tight buget.... even a good atlon and a desent board should cost 10k if u need for graphic activies and + u want gpu + good smps + ddr3 if u need to compet and its difficult to find such even at lamigton road......
on offence just clearing my opinion.....
and request to all members to help him out .......

one more thing last year
my self bought the following , try this if u can....

amd phenom 8650 x3
m3n78em now can be replied by m4 or any other mobo...
it was for 8800 rs. at nashik

see any thing like that can work for u........

feel nice to help people like my self...... tight buget....

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

by the way i forgot my last mentioned system which my friend bought from me 10 month back is sing ddr2 ram and same config .... for animation in like 3d max as he is an student in the field and studying it.........

see if it fits u or not or an phenom ii x3 720 may help.......

if can increase buget the i all say x4 or x6 is best....

CPU: AMD Athlon x4 635 - 4900 or AMD Athlon II X3 435 - 3600 (for animation, the more cores you have the better.)
Motherboard: Asus- M4A78LT-M LE -3100
RAM: 2GB Transcend/Kingston DDR3 single stick - 2100 (Add more RAM when you can afford it)
HDD: Seagate 7000.12 500GB HDD -1900
Power supply : Gigabyte Superb 460 - 2100 (it's a 400w psu, and the minimum you need. It'll also let you add a semi-decent graphics card later)

Thats a total of Rs. 12800 or Rs.14100.

Case: Coolermaster Elite 310 - 1700 OR a decent local case Rs.1000 (remember to return the local psu that comes with the case. It's crappy and of no use to you, but you'll get a small discount for the return.)

Total so far : Rs.13800/14500/15100/15800...depending on choice of CPU and cabinet.

GPU (optional): SAPPHIRE HD 5670 512MB GDDR5 PCIE - 4800

The motherboard has an onboard gpu which supports HD video and flash decoding, but it doesn't support opencl for programming, but using the gpu for gpgpu tasks isn't prevalent right now. You may be able to do some very casual gaming with the onboard video.

All prices from the itwares and primeabgb websites.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Don't get any gpu lower than the 5000 series from AMD, as those won't allow you to offload cpu processing onto them.
Stick with AMD cos right now their dx11 line is more economical than nvidias.
Don't buy anything less than a dx11 discreet gpu.

For graphics and animation you need atleast a x4 cpu...

athlon x4 635 is a good choise ( in ur budget )..

but you will need to extend your budget because the main thing is the gpu...

a 5670 will cost you around 5k...

So, 20k will be a good budget....

milind.kothavad said:
I want to buy new New PC for graphics/ animation work.

My budget is Rs.10 - 15K.

Will be doing some 2D,3D(all sort of animation,flash, graphics work)

Open to purchase used and under warranty items from TE Market and new items from Lamington Road (Mumbai) only.

No upgrades and overclocking for one/ two year to the least and I would not be adding/ upgrading any component in the near future except monitor.

I already have the 17'' monitor, KB and mouse so please suggest on following items

Motherboard

Processor

Graphic card

Ram

500 GB HDD

CPU Cabinet

SMPS

Looking for good n reliable confuguration.

Pls add on item(s) in case if I have missed out any important item for animation/ graphic work

Thanks in advance.
wht do exactly mean by animation i mean r u going to use professional softwares like maya, 3ds and the likes or is it just for timepass.........

anyways for professional use the regular gfx card wont be of any use......just go with athlon x4 cpu and other components are already mentioned by OP's....

hi folks, for AMD Athlon x4 635 CPU, are there DDR2 based motherboards ? Think, it can same him some money on RAM front.

Similarly, GPU from AMD ATI 4xxx series may suffice for basic Adobe Flash like works... ?

still 20k is something u will need......

if u will use good compounts the the stress on machine will be less and more performences....

Any stable motherboard supporting DDR2 RAM for AMD Athlon x4 635 CPU ?

ASUS M4A785-M or similar boards, I think, may support DDR2 RAM and this CPU. Needs to find its pricing...

The Athlon II X4 is the best possible Processor you could get at this Budget. Better to extend your budget before you buy a GPU. Wait and buy :)

Back