Budget 21-30k New PC for intermediate usage at home 20-25k

You can ask a TE member to courier it to you but since UPS is heavy courier might cost you much. APC makes the best UPS. I love mine.
Thanks ALPHA17, and wish you and your family a very Happy New Year too :). May God bless you!

Well, rather than going for such an arrangement, I will just go for CM eLite 311 Plus. It's a bit costly, but my overall budget is coming to around 25-26K as per my calculations, so I wanna go for it.

Thanks, will go for CM GX-450W. It seems good.

Thanks for the Contact for APC... but my state and city is not listed there. I will just call their toll free number and inquire. I am in doubt whether I will get APC UPS locally. Indore market is really bad. I called up the CM authorized shops, and they don't have CM eLite 311 Plus in their stock.

Any other UPS is good besides APC?

Hmm, about NIC, let's see. Maybe someone else will offer any advice. Otherwise, I will think what to do about it.

Thanks again :).

Thanks Rockfella, I will try to find if APC is available here locally.

Last I had a Microtek UPS, and it was really terrible. Only till the first few days, it performed OK. After that, it would just give seconds of backup. I had the battery replaced and again the same story. In the end, I was just using it for protection, because it gave no backup whatsoever. Turned out ultimately, that it was the UPS which caused my motherboard to fry one fine morning. Came to later on, its battery leaked. My self-assembled 7 years old PC died because of it :(.

I got an Exide Rs. 700 battery for my 3 year old APC and it works fine :)
Thanks Rockfella, I will try to find if APC is available here locally.

Last I had a Microtek UPS, and it was really terrible. Only till the first few days, it performed OK. After that, it would just give seconds of backup. I had the battery replaced and again the same story. In the end, I was just using it for protection, because it gave no backup whatsoever. Turned out ultimately, that it was the UPS which caused my motherboard to fry one fine morning. Came to later on, its battery leaked. My self-assembled 7 years old PC died because of it :(.

I got an Exide Rs. 700 battery for my 3 year old APC and it works fine :)

Is it a computer battery, meant for the computers, or some other kind of battery? Is it APC approved? :D

Well, I am not wanting to put a battery into the Microtek UPS, in case its circuitry is bad, which it might be. Will try to go for a newer UPS.

UPS battery :)
Is it a computer battery, meant for the computers, or some other kind of battery? Is it APC approved? :D

Well, I am not wanting to put a battery into the Microtek UPS, in case its circuitry is bad, which it might be. Will try to go for a newer UPS.

Hi all,

Today I got CPU, PSU, and RAM from Flipkart. Excellent service as usual.. and all nicely packed, specially the CPU in a box with a big bubble pack.

Emperor asked me via PM for prices for my configuration, as he wants to buy the same too. So, here are the prices.

CPU --> i3-3220 from Flipkart : 7169/-

Motherboard --> Gigabyte B75M-D3H from Flipkart : 4189/-
I was lucky to get the motherboard at a lower price then. Now the price at Flipkart is 4484/-.

RAM --> Corsair Value Select 4 GB DDR3 single stick from Flipkart : 1273/-
The price of this has increased. Earlier the price was quite less. Locally, it's available for 1200/-. Earlier it was for 1100/-. I trust Flipkart more, so ordered from there. One should check locally, in case you get it cheaper, because the prices keep fluctuating locally.

SMPS --> Cooler Master GX-450W from Flipkart : 3502/-
Locally, they were charging 3900/- for it.

Cabinet --> Cooler Master eLite 311 Plus purchased locally : 3500/-
Earlier I was going to go for eLite 311, but after calculating, the final pricing for config was coming to around 25K, which I decided to go for, since this cabinet is really nice, and should be long lasting.
In Delhi/Mumbai, I think this cabinet is available for much cheaper.

UPS --> APC BR 600VA IN purchased locally : 2200/-
Again, in other places, it will be cheaper locally.

I will be getting the cabinet and UPS tomorrow...have ordered from a CM dealer. Had to order cabinet locally. Flipkart are now offering only 3 cabinets.. they discontinued the rest of them a few days ago only. Anyways, I decided to get the cabinet locally, thinking of transit and all, and also there was not much difference in price.

I haven't got hard disk, optical drive, and keyboard/mouse yet. Will update the price when I get them. Should be in a day or two.

Final pricing will come to around 27-28K, which is a little overboard from what I had hope for, but I am happy with what I have got.

Prices will be lower, if one purchases from good shops from Delhi, or Mumbai. I saw prices of some members getting locally from Delhi, or Mumbai, and they really got quite cheap prices. With cheap prices, the configuration will easily cost under 25K, which is great.

Will post back prices of other components, and also when I assemble the system, and set it up :).

Thanks everyone :)

Congrats and thanks for sharing price info. BTW since i posted about my UPS it is not working, some issue with battery or some loose connection i think. What luck!

My pleasure guys :)

I bought the rest of the components today. Here are the prices.

HDD --> Seagate SATA 1 TB Barracuda 7200.12 purchased locally : 4200/-
Earlier, the vendor gave me some other model of Seagate 1TB, which I had not heard of. Searching on internet, it showed 5900 rpm, and 8 MB cache. He didn't even knew about Barracuda .. such is the state of technical knowledge of shopkeepers here. And it's a reputed shop. Anyways, after a bit of waiting and inquiry, I got the required hard drive.

DVD-RW --> Lite-On purchased locally : 950/-
The shopkeeper recommended Lite-on, and the warranty and prices were the same, so I decided to try this. I hope it is good. What's the opinion of others on this one? Other alternative was LG.
Earlier price quoted was 1K-1.1K, so it's good I got a bit cheaper.

Keyboard/Mouse combo --> Logitech MK200 purchased locally : 680/-
The shops I inquired from earlier offered me price of 750/-. I got it for less from where I got the UPS and cabinet, as he is a wholesale dealer. Few money saved. Three year warranty.

Here are the prices as a list :

Mobo --> GA-B75M-D3H : 4189/-
CPU --> i3-3220 : 7169/-
RAM --> Corsair 4GB DDR3 Value Select : 1273/-
HDD --> Seagate 1TB Barracuda 7200.12 : 4200/-
SMPS --> Cooler Master GX-450W : 3502/-
Cabinet --> Cooler Master eLite 311 Plus : 3500/-
DVD-RW --> Lite-on 24x : 950/-
Keyboard/Mouse combo --> Logitech MK200 : 680/-
UPS --> APC BR-600VA IN : 2200/-
===========================================
Total : 27,663/-

A little overboard... would have liked to be under 25K, but I think it's OK, as I wont be looking to upgrade since some years.

I will be assembling the system tomorrow :). Will post back then.
@Rockfella, sorry to hear about your UPS. I hope whatever problem there is, gets solved quickly. Good luck. BTW, the warranty on APC is 1+2 years.. 1 year for battery, and 2 years for the UPS.

- - - Updated - - -

Have a question. I have only 1 stick of RAM of 4GB. So, I think I won't get the dual channel benefit? Also, where to put the RAM stick in? In the first RAM port?

I am having an older HDD of Seagate SATA 160 GB. I was thinking of making it the boot drive, and keeping 1TB as a data drive, but since the older HDD is of SATA 2.0, and the new one being SATA 3.0, I wont get the speed benefit. So, I will go with new hard drive as the boot drive, with maybe 4 partitions of 250 GB each.

- - - Updated - - -

I just checked the UPS box and it says APC BR600CI-IN. It's 600VA and 360W. Is it the same as BR600VA-IN?

I searched for BR600VA-IN on Google n first link was of APC site for BR600CI-IN :

http://www.apc.com/resource/include/techspec_index.cfm?base_sku=BR600CI-IN

Are they both same? I haven't opened the box yet. It's a brown box.

Same question had been aksed by someone else on this thread :

http://www.techenclave.com/pc-peripherals/psu-ups-recommendation-139070/

I hope I bought the right material.

Must be the same..could not find any BR600VA-IN on APC site.

Last edited by a moderator:
Have a question. I have only 1 stick of RAM of 4GB. So, I think I won't get the dual channel benefit? Also, where to put the RAM stick in? In the first RAM port?

I am having an older HDD of Seagate SATA 160 GB. I was thinking of making it the boot drive, and keeping 1TB as a data drive, but since the older HDD is of SATA 2.0, and the new one being SATA 3.0, I wont get the speed benefit. So, I will go with new hard drive as the boot drive, with maybe 4 partitions of 250 GB each.

APC Back-UPS 600, 230V without auto shutdown software, India

Are they both same? I haven't opened the box yet. It's a brown box.

Yes the UPS is the same one.

No issues, SATA II and SATA III the difference is theoretical, real-world performance is very close (no perceptible difference) because of the limitations of the electro-mechanical technology. I suggest you go with the 160GB drive as your primary and the 1TB as the dump drive.

For the RAM module place it in the first slot OR DIMM_0 as it is marked.

Hope this helps and wish that your system serves you for many years to come. Cheers!

I assembled the system today. Haven't turned it on yet though. First, the UPS needed some charging before first use, which I forgot to do. So, I will be leaving it for charging overnight. With the current power situation of my home, and with a new PC, I was not willing to take chances running the system without the UPS. So, will turn the system on tomorrow. Had a few things to ask meanwhile.

The system looks great by the way. Absolute beauty!

1) The front panel on eLite 311 Plus has three USB 2.0 ports, besides the USB 3.0 one. So, 4 in total.

Two of the USB 2.0 ports are covered by the single USB panel cable of cabinet, which I fitted on the front panel USB1 on the motherboard. Motherboard has one more USB panel port. However, from the cabinet, since only 1 USB port remains, only a thin single 4 pin port is available. It's not marked as USB, but has markings of pins, like VCC, D+, D-, Gnd, and Gnd. The wiring colors seem similar to the other USB cable, so I think it's for the left over USB only. So, can I safely put it on the 2nd USB front panel port on motherboard?

Anyone who has assembled Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3H with eLite 311 Plus should know the answer. So, please tell. Although, I think I can connect it there safely, but want to be on the safe side.

2) Not a problem, but an observation. The front USB 3.0 on the cabinet is provided in a weird way. A cable with a USB port comes out, which will go into the USB 3.0 port on the back of the motherboard. Quite a weird way to get the USB 3.0 front panel working.
I will ask at the shop if a separate front USB panel is available, which can connect to the USB 3.0 panel provided on the motherboard. I wonder why eLite 311 Plus did not provide provision for that.

3) eLite 311 Plus has two cabinet fans. One at rear, and other at front. I have connected the rear one on the motherboard to the motherboard, marked as system fan.
The fan port on motherboard has 4 pins, whereas the fan cable has three only. I consulted the motherboard manual, and the 4th is marked as reserve, so I think the three pin fan can be safely connected with four pin port on motherboard?

4) Can I leave the front fan without connecting? Because I think it will suck the dust in the cabinet, which I do not want. We get quite some dust here.

5) I am disappointed with the APC UPS power cable length, it's not very long. It seems like I will have to keep it on the table, where my CRT monitor and cabinet will be kept. Can I keep like that? Will it cause any interference with monitor or system? Because if I keep below the table on a stool, the cable is not able to reach the plug and I do not want to use an extension.

6) I have fixed the motherboard on the cabinet with the stand-off screws. However, one of the holes does not have any matching hole on the cabinet. I think people who have used eLite 311 Plus with the B75M-D3H might have come across this? I had to leave that hole alone. The rest of the motherboard is secured fine. I hope the one left will not cause any problem? Only thing is fingers have to be used to support the motherboard from behind, while fixing connectors on the motherboard.

7) The power cable of CM GX-450W has a US/UK style plug, so a converter will have to be used. Is this the case with all models of this power supply? Can I use a normal Indian style power cable, bought from a shop? The plug with the PSU has got a 10A fuse in it though. Or, should I use it with a converter. I will have to shop for that tomorrow.

BTW, I watched this video first before assembling the system :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFkykETgkoo

It's a bit long video of nearly two hours, but it's explained nicely with some useful tips. Although I already knew how to assemble a computer, but still, it's good to have a professional show you how to do it. The guy is great, and has explained things very nicely, taking time to do it. Really helped me while I assembled my system. I hope this will help others too, who want to assemble their system, and also inspire others to assemble their own PCs, it's not that hard :).

Hi all, I have assembled the system, and started using it. I love it! It's really quiet.. can't even feel it's running, unless you see the lights :D. It's just awesome.

I want to thank everyone who helped me build this computer, and gave me really good advice and information... specially @ALPHA17, who really helped a lot answering the queries, and replying even the small ones with patience. You rock @ALPHA17! Keep up the good work please. Also @JuGGa, who was really helpful to me when I had joined the forum, and posted my first thread. I am grateful to everyone who chipped in with even the smallest advice. Because of you all, I have now got a great system. I also want to thank for introducing me to online shopping... I got some of the most important components of my build online. Thanks Flipkart!

All the points I mentioned in my previous post have been taken care of, well, almost.

1] Haven't connected that cable yet, which I think might be USB port cable. Just want to be sure.

2] Haven't connected the USB 3.0 front cable to the back USB port yet, but will have to do so, if I want to use the front USB 3.0 port.

3] Connected the rear fan to the motherboard, and it's working well.

4] Haven't connected the front fan.

5] Have kept the UPS on the table only near the monitor. The cable length is really small.. very disappointing. No interference from UPS yet, so that's good.

6] The extra hole that is left should not cause any problem.

7] Using a converter for the power cable for the CM PSU. Decided to use the original cable. It's working great.

Have installed Windows 8 on the new system.. my brother bought a genuine copy from the US. It works great, and is quite fast, both in startup and shutdown.

I initially ran into a hiccup though. The motherboard CD that came with the motherboard won't run on Windows 8, since it was not made for it. I thought I might have to go with Windows 7. But, thankfully, the drivers for Windows 8 are available on the Gigabyte site. So, that's great.

Thank you once again to everyone. This forum is great! Will seek advice from here when I need them. The advice for PC build for basic home usage is quite appreciated too, and I will use that to build PC for my known ones.. one or two families need them.

Keep on the good work!! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi all, I have assembled the system, and started using it. I love it! It's really quiet.. can't even feel it's running, unless you see the lights :D. It's just awesome.

Thank you once again to everyone. This forum is great! Will seek advice from here when I need them. The advice for PC build for basic home usage is quite appreciated too, and I will use that to build PC for my known ones.. one or two families need them.

Keep on the good work!

Glad that everything is working tip-top mate.

Thanks for the kind words, I wish you luck for the future. Cheerio!

P.S. -- You helped yourself as much as you think we helped you.

Well, I know about computers a bit, so things were a bit easier, but I was really helped here on the forum by you and others because I had really no idea about the present situation in the hardware scenario, and still don't have that much of an idea, as the others here, who are quite knowledgeable. I needed help most of the times on various things, and was really helped a lot. Thanks for that :). Kudos to you, and this forum! :).

Hello friends, sorry for hijacking the thread, I too am looking for a movie within similar budget.
But i don't need a mobo of higher feature like that in the gigabyte B75M, is there any cheaper alternative to that.

I am thinking of getting the G630 with that

Back