Windows New pc keeps restarting with blue screen and crashing

saurabh26

Recruit
So i build my pc for the first time and when i did a clean install of windows 11 , i updated the drivers from windows update and then i went to gigabyte control centre and it was showing alot of update for different drivers so i installed them and since then computer is constantly crashing and restarting with blue screen and showing different stop codes like : " SYSTEM SERVICE EXPECTION " , " IRQL NOT LESS or equal, " UNEXPECTED KERNEL MODE TRAP " , "DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL " , " KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED " , " SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED "
Guys what's the problem here , i have no idea what's happening and it's scary because it's my first time . Please give suggestions....

Specifications
Windows 11
Processor - i5 13600k
Motherboard - b760m aorus elite ax
Gpu - radeon 6800xt master
Ram - xpg adata lancer 6000mhz 16gb
Ssd - xpg s70 blade

And i can't even do clean install of windows again because when i go to bios and try to boot with bootable pendrive it just keeps on showing blue screen nd crashing and restarting..

1. Have you tried resetting BIOS by shorting the CMOS pins/switch?
  2. Remove all but one RAM modules and try booting
  3. Check if CPU is seated correctly.

1. Have you tried resetting BIOS by shorting the CMOS pins/switch?
  2. Remove all but one RAM modules and try booting
  3. Check if CPU is seated correctly.
I actually have no idea about that first point and i only have one ram stick of 16gb .

Last edited by a moderator:
Did you analyzed the crash dump files?? This could be more of a driver conflict.. you can download "who crashed" or windbg, utility and find out which driver is causing this issue.

If you are getting checked out to blue screen while booting then try "safe mode" and and see if you can rollback all the gigabyte related updates??

Differing bsod codes make me suspect the ram chip.

Are you able to borrow a different stick of memory to try?

Or just disable intel memory overclocking setting in BIOS? What is it called for DDR5? Xmp still?

Since you are able to POST, it's most probably
1. A faulty or misconfigured ram module.
2. A faulty mobo

* Remove the GPU (to reduce variables)
* insert just one ram module, try them both one after the other. (make sure you disable all overclocking and run it at the base (4800 MT/s or thereabout)
* Clear CMOS (read mobo manual, depending on the board either you need to press a button or short two pins for 5-10 sec to do that). Don't worry it sounds scary but it's nothing.
* As an extra debugging step, create a bootable USB with the latest Ubuntu Linux and see if that's stable.

You can do all this without much fuss. Re-seating CPU comes later when we have ruled out everything else. Keep us posted

1. Remove gpu and try, if problem persists
2. Remove ram and try different stick
3. Remove ssd and use different ssd( simple check )
4. Motherboard update

First from Gigabyte site check if there is BIOS firmware update available , download and flash *******warning****** bios flashing is always risky and you can easily brick your device with wrong flash, so skip if you don't know what you are doing.

Here you can find how to reset using jumpers, but if i am correct aorus elite ax has a button on the back panel to reset bios/clear cmos on the back panel, download the manual to find out where.

Back