PC Peripherals New pen drive

sridhanush

Disciple
Hi all,

i am planning to buy a new 1GB pen drive.. any suggestions regarding which brand i should go for? It seems like the kingston data traveller is the most commonly available one (arnd rs1100), but i was hoping to get a different brand such as buffalo or sony .

Go for:

Data Traveller 2.0 (Kingston)

Jetflash 120/160 (Transcend)

both have got good write speed (8Mb/9Mb)

Price range will be same as others.....

Get Transcend Jetflash 120 ( be particular about 120 only)...it offers the highest speed ..(about 3 times faster) of writing data to the flash drive compared to v20 or v30 drives from the same brand or even kingston....i have used all kinds right from 110, 120,v20,v30( the tiny n pretty looking ones) to kinston data traveller....you may not notice the difference between speeds if you transfer small quantities of data or large quantities in smaller numbers....but try transferring 100-1000 small files...and notice the speed of v20/v30/traveller.

Kingston's the way to go..

1GB for 1K with 5 years warranty, with really good read & write rates..What more can one ask for? ;)

PS: I've a Transcend JetFlash, which again is also a very good alternative.. :)

Both Kingston and Transcend are good. Go with the one that has a better warranty cause this is one component that can spoil easy depending on use...

Thanks for the quick replies..

well the other day i was reading this review:
X-bit labs - Articles - 10 USB Flash Drives Roundup

The transcend drives performed rather poorly here... so i thought i will stay away from them... however, the jet flash 120 wasnt a part of this review so do u guys think i should go for it? Hope i am not taking this too far for a simple pen drive :p but i wanna get the best one available :D

Back