New Phone 10k

kidrock

Disciple
Hey lost(was stolen :( ) my cell yesterday. I need a new one. I was planning to get the w960i in May. I would like to go for it but it will cause problems with my it investments so will have to get a cheaper cell. I may still go for it in in May.

Can someone please suggest me a good all rounder in the 10k bracket. I may need to get a a2dp bluetooth device plus mem card too so wanna stick to 10k as much as possible.

Need a good bluetooth device that I can use on the 960I later. So plz suggest one too.

Shortlisted ones:
Nokia
5310 Music Express

Sony
W580i
S500i

Motorola
L9

I wouldnt mind spending an extra 2k if its really worth it. But I prefer to use it for the accessories i'll need (mem card and data cable plus bluetooth).

P.S. I have a 1-4gb pro duo card from my psp. Think it will work on the sony phones plz confirm.

the pro duo card may not work on the newer SE phones. They would only work with older K750i/W700i/W810i phones. The newer phones use m2(mem stick micro) cards.

As regards, choice of phone i guess SE W580 is a better choice than 5310. you can check a very good review of 5310 here on TE in the reviews section. Not impressive i'd say.

w580 has got some problem with its sliding mechanism.. i know some people whose w580's slider is loose now.. please dont go for that..

since u have pro duo card, go for w810.. its a good phone with a nice camera and good battery life.. ull get that under 10k also..

Well the w810 seems good but I find it too bulky. Any idea how the S500 is? I kind of like it. Its pretty similar to the W580i.

S500 no doubt looks good, but there are many mobiles in the same price range as s500 that offer better functions. I suggest u spend some extra bucks and go for W580i...its really worth the extra money.

I've heard that the headphones that come bundled with s500 are just ordinary. Also, there is no FM, no auto focus and flash in s500.

If i were given an option to choose between s500 and w580i, i would definitely go for the Walkman phone....w580i seems to be a more reasonable option to me.

What are the other phones with better functionality than the S500i. I use the PSP for music and have a digicam for pics, so a music and cam phone are low on my priority. I semi business phone is more what I look for. I prefered to go for W960i cause its has business class elements along with walkman but for the reasons stated above cant go for it right now. I dont mind spending a few bucks more if required.

decide between Nokia 5610 (12.7K) or Nokia E51 (12.5K)

first one looks pretty sexy, has a good music player and 3.2MP cam as well...

The one thing I dont like about the W810 is its size. It would have saved me on the mem card front. This 2 (W580i and e51) are sleek

dil3ep said:
S500 no doubt looks good, but there are many mobiles in the same price range as s500 that offer better functions. I suggest u spend some extra bucks and go for W580i...its really worth the extra money.

I've heard that the headphones that come bundled with s500 are just ordinary. Also, there is no FM, no auto focus and flash in s500.

If i were given an option to choose between s500 and w580i, i would definitely go for the Walkman phone....w580i seems to be a more reasonable option to me.
There is neither autofocus nor flash in the w580i..

Can anyone recommend a good bluetooth stereo headset along with the price. Looking for a a2dp one.

I am getting the W580i for 10,700 Rs. Also going for the nokia 6300 for my mom getting it for 7400rs.

maru is pretty expensive. Try the other 2 shops around the circle, on the either side of maru. They quoted me way less than the best price at maru.

Back