New Phone for Mom - Budget 5-10k

Nir-V-aNa

Disciple
Hi guys,

Dad wants to gift mom a new phone and budget is anywhere between 5-10k. Don't think she'd be able to handle a touchscreen considering she has a hard time handling a normal phone itself but I'd like a suggestion for that as well...She can surely learn it. She is keen on learning to send messages and finds it a little tough with the normal keypad so I was thinking maybe a Qwerty might make things easier for her. She loves taking snaps, so phone should have a good cam and also a mem card as she cribs about the lack of space for pics on her current phone :p. To make it simple...need suggestions for a:

1] Touch AND non-touchscreen phone
2] Qwerty AND non-Qwerty
3] Good cam
4] Mem card
5] Budget 5-10k, the lesser the better :p

Thx!

There will be loads of options in the categories you mentioned and you will be confused with which one to get IMO So I suggest you to decide one general type of phone

Some options are -

Touch - Samsung monte

Non touch - Nokia X3,X2,C5 Samsung metro 3g

Qwerty - C3

I think Se interface is a bit difficult to handle or else you can consider SE elm & hazel

All those requirements make me think of Nokias. How about the X5, its stylish in pics and boasts a 5MP cam. Haven't seen one in flesh though. Its <10K with a 2GB SD card in Flipkart. The main con is that it does not have 16M colors. But there's a pink edition for women who favor pink.

If touchscreens are ok, the new budget range Samsung waves are worth a look. Wave533 for ex has a qwerty with touch screen (capacitive!) with a decent 3.2MP camera. Again is <9K and comes with a 2GB SD card.

Back