New Phone for my Mom.

pradeep200417

Shunya
Adept
I am planning to buy a new phone for my mom. She previously had a Nokia 6030.

I am thinking of Nokia C5. It has pretty good build quality. Metal finish. 3.2 Mega Pixel camera. Good keyboard, display and good battery life. Overall it is descent. Price appears to be around 7.5k.

Are there any other phones in the same price range, which would be better than C5? Preferably Nokia. I don't want Flips, Sliders or Touch screen. A descent Candy Bar make would do. Budget is 6-8k

Mods could you please move this thread to Mobile Phone Buying Advice section. Posted here by mistake. My Bad!!!

DarkAngel said:
~7.5-7.8k(VAT inclusive)

Is it that cheap? Because spec wise it's as equivalent to Nokia E72. I am asking because my friend is planning to buy Nokia E72 this week. SO what's the difference between the two considering so much price difference( except metal body and big battery there was no difference between GsmArena). Moreover how well it compare it with Nokia E63.

spirit said:
Is it that cheap? Because spec wise it's as equivalent to Nokia E72. I am asking because my friend is planning to buy Nokia E72 this week. SO what's the difference between the two considering so much price difference( except metal body and big battery there was no difference between GsmArena). Moreover how well it compare it with Nokia E63.

Well this lacks wifi and not a Qwerty keypad phone. Cam is fixed focus.

E63 has only basic 3G(UMTS-384kbps) and wifi. C5 has HSDPA, 10.2 Mbps; HSUPA, 2 Mbps.

Plus the E series comes with document editer whereas the C series has only document viewer.

Nokia C5 vs. Nokia E63 - GSMArena.com

Nokia C5 vs. Nokia E71 - GSMArena.com

Nokia C5: Price, Features & Reviews (Graphite): Nokia C5 Mrp | Flipkart

Ohh Okai I compared it with Nokia E5.. my mistake. But even Nokia e5 is 11k and have more or less the same features except the two that i have mentioned Nokia E72 vs. Nokia E5 - GSMArena.com

Even then the difference is 5k. Wonder why.

DarkAngel said:
Well this lacks wifi and not a Qwerty keypad phone. Cam is fixed focus.

E63 has only basic 3G(UMTS-384kbps) and wifi. C5 has HSDPA, 10.2 Mbps; HSUPA, 2 Mbps.

Plus the E series comes with document editer whereas the C series has only document viewer.

Nokia C5 vs. Nokia E63 - GSMArena.com

Nokia C5 vs. Nokia E71 - GSMArena.com

Nokia C5: Price, Features & Reviews (Graphite): Nokia C5 Mrp | Flipkart

spirit said:
Ohh Okai I compared it with Nokia E5.. my mistake. But even Nokia e5 is 11k and have more or less the same features except the two that i have mentioned Nokia E72 vs. Nokia E5 - GSMArena.com

Even then the difference is 5k. Wonder why.

E5 is yet be released in India and price difference would be ~3-4k IMO.

E5 looks odd(Different color for the call & programmable buttons) and not like a business phone(at least for me)

It lacks Five-way scroll key, is lot bulkier(E72 10mm thick/ E5 12.8mm thick)

Inferior camera. E5 has fixed focus one as opposed to E72's auto focus.

Uses less metal than E72. So less sturdy than the costlier sibling.

Back