New phone for my wife

Emil

Skilled
Questions:-
1. Q: Budget?
A: 5-15k

2. Q: Preferred Form Factor(flip, bar, slider)?
A: Any

3. Q: Preferred display type?
A: Not particular as long as it is decent

4. Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.
A: None but I would prefer to avoid the Indian made in China brands.

5. Q: Preferred input method (Touchscreen, QWERTY, etc.)?
A: QWERTY is preferred but a good soft qwerty on a touchscreen may also do if the display is big enough

6. Q: Camera required or not? If required, please specify type like front camera/flash/etc.
A: Good autofocus camera required. MP not important.

7. Q: Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).
A: The phone has to be rock stable without having to be a tech geek

8. Q: Preferred connectivity options? (3G, Wifi, Edge etc).
A: EDGE essential, Wifi desirable, 3G bonus.

9. Q: What is your intended use for this phone(internet, camera, multimedia, mails, etc)?
A: WhatsApp, camera, calling texting.

10. Q: Any other requirements?
A: Great battery life.

11. Q: If you have already considered a phone then please mention the model.
A: Asha 302 but put off mainly by the poor camera spec

My wife currently uses the C6-00 and the hanging, freezing, out of memory, etc is a big frustration. She even goes so far as to say she wants to go back to her previous Nokia 6303 until I remind her it doesn't support WhatsApp

Alternatively, if someone here has a suggestion how the C6-00 problem can be fixed, that would be fine too. I guess I could try uninstalling applications she doesn't need. Is there a tool for cleaning up?

As I mentioned in my last post, she did not like the portrait mode qwerty devices. Perhaps because she is used to the landscape mode qwerty on her c6.
Also i presume you are not bound to subscribe for a BB plan. Correct me if i am wrong.

The full touch blackberry has landscape as well as portrait mode keyboard :) (If thats the only thing thats turning her off)
No you dont have to subscribe to BB plans if you dont wish to use internet/chat/whatsapp but let me tell you that the battery life on BB devices is EXCELLENT. I've been using a Bold 3 for almost a year and looking to switch back to android just because am bored of BB. I charge it once in a day for a maximum of 30 minutes, and there are times when it doesn't get the food for 2 days :)

The Galaxy S Advance is available on ebay under Wakeup @11 for just Rs 18,690/-
Is it a good buy? Or is there something better in that price range?
Also does the ICICI code work still and does it work for Wakeup @11 deals?
What is the correct code?
I can use a ICICI debit card not credit.

The Galaxy S Advance is available on ebay under Wakeup @11 for just Rs 18,690/-
Is it a good buy? Or is there something better in that price range?
Also does the ICICI code work still and does it work for Wakeup @11 deals?
What is the correct code?
I can use a ICICI debit card not credit.

Any idea about ICS for this phone? I guess thats the only concern. And the price seems to have been reduced all across, ebay sellers are the first ones to display the price drop.
The atrix 2 at similar price range at least has ICS and also a much better proc.

the galaxy advance price looks tempting.... @Sanav3 is right , samsung has dropped the prices by 3.5k . its official..found out from a nearby samsung retailer

is it a good buy at this price if one is not bothered about ics and stuff...16gb internal memory and a super amoled screen are decent specs...just wondering how's the sound quality on that phone . what audio chip does it have?

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh thanks. If the price has actually dropped by 3.5 K I don't want to jump at this offer.
The listing is for black colour and I would like white. So better to wait for new prices to kick in.

Those all seem to be black. I have the Galaxy S2 black. If I buy this one too of the same colour for my wife we may keep mixing them up and carrying the wrong phone.

Those all seem to be black. I have the Galaxy S2 black. If I buy this one too of the same colour for my wife we may keep mixing them up and carrying the wrong phone.

see if u can contact the seller via ebay for availability of the white...they generally procure the handsets from the distributor as and when they get orders on ebay. not all sellers stock up a big pile of phones and wait for them to get sold.....also, are you sure there is a white model ? cause if there had been one, homeshop18 would have given a choice of color as they do with their other phones......

or

you could buy something like this to avoid the confusion between each others phones :)

http://www.ebay.in/itm/White-S-Line...3?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_203&hash=item27c9ccf9cd

No answer from both sellers about the colour.
Meanwhile have also been looking at other options like HTC One V and on ebay there is also the Xperia Arc S going at a very decent price albeit with dealer warranty (this one is for both hardware and software unlike a few other dealers).

No answer from both sellers about the colour.
Meanwhile have also been looking at other options like HTC One V and on ebay there is also the Xperia Arc S going at a very decent price albeit with dealer warranty (this one is for both hardware and software unlike a few other dealers).

For sometime stay away from htc one v as its having so many hardware fault user posting all over tje net.xperia arc is good device if either of you not heavy user,with superb camera and design.

Yes I am aware of the HTC Ove V issue though many on this forum seem to have faced no problem at all.
All in all, the Samsung Galaxy S Advance still seems to be the best bet in that price range now. Only issue is the colour. I have seen somewhere that it is made in black and white but no dealers seem to have anything other than black.

Back