New Phone for wify

crossbow

Mond Mond Ja Ja
Adept
1. Q: Budget?
A: 20K Can go to 25K, if device is too good to avoid

2. Q: Preferred Form Factor(flip, bar, slider)?
A: Bar

3. Q: Preferred display type?
A: Any

4. Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.
A: except BB, open to all. But would prefer good A.S.S. , and service center availability in Hyderabad.

5. Q: Preferred input method (Touchscreen, QWERTY, etc.)?
A: Touch, Touch + Type, No BB

6. Q: Camera required or not? If required, please specify type like front camera/flash/etc.
A: Required (least) 5MP camera. Flash. Should be one of the best phone cam industry has to offer.

7. Q: Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).
A: Ando or Windo

8. Q: Preferred connectivity options? (3G, Wifi, Edge etc).
A: 3G.

9. Q: What is your intended use for this phone(internet, camera, multimedia, mails, etc)?
A: Cam, general, internet, radio

10. Q: Any other requirements?
A: EDIT : Now looking for single sim only. Max screen size 4.5"

11. Q: If you have already considered a phone then please mention the model.
A: Lumia 820, Xperia SL

Dual Standby - Where both the SIM cards, lets assume SIM A & SIM B, get reception but when calls/text on SIM A is made, SIM B loses connectivity and if anyone tries to contact you on SIM B number, he'll hear the "not reachable" automated message.
Dual Active - Where both the SIM cards get reception but when calls/text on any one of the SIM's are made, the other SIM still stays latched on to its respective network even if you're calling from the first SIM. If anyone tries to contact you on that number, you'll hear a call waiting tone.

For the amount you're willing to spend, I would suggest you the Canvas HD. Grand is a good phone but it does not deserve to be sold at the price it currently retails for. Wait for the first wave of reviews for the CHD. I will try to review it as soon as I can find it somewhere :)

Yes it is.
PS - If I can get my hands on it in one of the stores tomorrow, Ill post a review tomorrow itself! :)

- - - Updated - - -

Yes it is.
PS - If I can get my hands on it in one of the stores tomorrow, Ill post a review tomorrow itself! :)

Ya pretty much looks like it. And without review, it's really a moot point buying a cellphone. No matter whatever spec it has.

Plus, additionally, 5 inch phone may be little bit too much for ladies' palm.

Apart from a116 and grand, which would be good option? Specially something less then 5 inch. And both sims must remain active. As it will be work phone. So one sim is work sim, and another would be personal. She would not mind call waiting or sim busy, just she would not want to change sims manually.

But will it be a good buy? I am not inclined towards A116 as of now, first it's 5 inch, which will be pretty big phone to handle for her, and another, there are no reviews up yet. Plus, it's not available in retail shops yet.
We are likely to go phone scalping today itself.
So now it comes down to 2 phones only. duos and grand.
Nokia asha 308 is another option. But not as much feature rich as above 2.

^ Thanks.
Went for phone scalping yesterday, and as expected Wify ruled out 5" Phones in a single instance. And did not like galaxy S Duos also.

So Now Looks like we are gonna get single Sim phone only. Budget is expended further. 24-25K

What we liked so far in single sim, Lumia 820 and Xperia SL.
@2kool2btrue @ALPHA17 :unsure: any suggestions mate?

Last edited by a moderator:
^ Thanks.
Went for phone scalping yesterday, and as expected Wify ruled out 5" Phones in a single instance. And did not like galaxy S Duos also.

So Now Looks like we are gonna get single Sim phone only. Budget is expended further. 24-25K

What we liked so far in single sim, Lumia 820 and Xperia SL.
2kool2btrue ALPHA17 :unsure: any suggestions mate?
You might want to have a look at the Samsung Galaxy S2, HTC Windows Phone 8S and also the Galaxy S3, which after a recent price cut, you can grab at around 26k from ebay right now! (WEEKEND102 is the coupon code),
So, I would suggest a GS3. Since you are spending so much, an additional grand for a (now-soon-to-be-former) flagship makes more sense.
PS - HTC 8S looks incredibly sexy so perhaps she may like it. I would rather suggest this over the Lumia 820.

Thanks @aquaticbullet
I personally own LG OB P970, It's been running perfik. Been over a year now. Just yesterday I upgraded to ICS.
The reason we are not looking for LG is they are the most late in releasing OS updates.
That may not be a proper reason to rule out LG, yes.
But She is not much inclined towards LG design. And spec wise SL would be better then L9 IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back