New Phone. Price Range 8-10 K. No Android

coolaks7

Disciple
Hi All. I am planning to purchase a new phone for my sister. No android please as i just recently bought an android phone and to be honest its a bit complex compared to nokia. :D

1. Q: Budget?
A: 8-10 k..

2. Q: Preferred Form Factor(flip, bar, slider)?
A: Any

3. Q: Preferred display type?
A: TFT

4. Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.
A: Preference will be give to Nokia, then Samsung and Sony Ericson

5. Q: Preferred input method (Touchscreen, QWERTY, etc.)?
A: QWERTY+ Touchscreen ( If possible)

6. Q: Camera required or not? If required, please specify type like front camera/flash/etc.
A: Required a 5MP camera. Flash not must.

7. Q: Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).
A: Any

8. Q: Preferred connectivity options? (3G, Wifi, Edge etc).
A: 3G and Wifi desirable

9. Q: What is your intended use for this phone(internet, camera, multimedia, mails, etc)?
A: Camera, multimedia and internet.

10. Q: Any other requirements?
A: Nah

11. Q: If you have already considered a phone then please mention the model.
A: Nokia X5, C3 (After using Reliance Discount Coupon its close to 10k :p)
Also want to know how good is C3. Few months back I was looking for this phone and it had a lot of hanging problems. Have they been resolved?

Thanks in Advance..

SE Elm ~ 7.6k or Hazel ~ 9.9k. These are not Smart phones but are among the best in audio quality and camera quality in their respective price category.

Only -ve is that lack standard ports (microUSB and 3.5mm) and instead uses SE's proprietary fast post.

Sony Ericsson Elm - Full phone specifications

Sony Ericsson Hazel - Full phone specifications

Both have wifi and 3G and Hazel even has a front cam.

But if Qwerty is mandatory as buddingwhizkid says E5 is a good choice.

My friend just bought the Nokia C5-03, and I got a chance to use it. It's really snappy, the new 600Mhz processor makes the UI super smooth, and Symbian remains a very very customizable OS with loads of apps. Plus, the phone has all, wifi, 3g, gps, 5mp cam... just no slide out qwerty

price: Rs. 9,299

Please stay away from resistive touchscreen devices as I am seeing that some members are recommending those like C5-03 & C6.

If you're spending 10k on a phone, then it matters.

Plus there is literally no difference between C5-03 & 5230 except camera (still no flash). I'll never pay 2.5k more only for upgrade from 2MP to 5MP.

pauldmps said:
^^ My bad. I was going to type 5230 instead of 5233. Corrected.

Now say.
Except 3G and GPS everything else that Comp@ddict said stays put.
Plus i would like to add the C5-03 is slimmer, lighter and also much better looking than the bulky 5230/5233.
Even with 3G 5230 has just HSDPA 3.6Mbps whereas C5-03 has HSDPA, 10.2 Mbps; HSUPA, 2 Mbps! (Though it doesnt matter too much considering current Indian 3G scenario.)

Nokia 5230 vs. Nokia C5-03 - GSMArena.com

Well, you can remove the GPS and 3G, but still remains:

- 5MP v/s 2MP

- 600MHz processor(big difference in UI response, I've used it myself)

- WiFi(to download from Ovi Store, no need for using slow gprs)(also able to work as mobile hotspot!!)

Camera lacks flash & the touchscreen is resistive.

That's why I recommended Wave 723.

what qualms u have about resistive screen except no pinch-zooming? I think you can hardly doo cool things like write using stylus on post-its for quick notes or the works..

Wave 723? Haha, my friend bought it. He came over, I told him, why didn't you ask me. Trust me, he was miserable.

Once you log-in using the FB account, you cant sign-out. Nope, nothing works, nothing. He has access to his sister's FB account now :p

He's having a hard time with apps, the only plus is a keypad, which itself isn't at all comfortable to use(same as Galaxy 551). And the screen is really nothing infront of the nokia's superior screens..

Back