New phone

amitmk

Adept
I finally came across a scheme that suits my usage pattern. So am finally gonna dump RIM DAPO plan and go in for the BPL corporate plan.

Need to buy a new GSM phone. Finally... last 3 years i've used crap like LG RD 2030 and an ok-ish phone the Motorola V730.

Now when i go to buy a phone i atleast have options. Unlike CDMA phones by RIM where 99% are crap and the 1% are overpriced compared to their GSM peers.

What suggestions? Budget 15k.

Howz the w810i? And whats the diff btw k800i and w810i?

WIll i get an N series in this budget??

The W810i is quite a decent phone, the diffrence between The K790 and w810i is that of the camera mainly, K790 has 3.2mp with AF and xenon flash where as 810i has got a 2mp cam

You can try, but i think the N70 costs around 16k and that the starting N series phone

In 15k, you can get lots of phones, but check these ones up.. Nokia 6233,6681,6630, 6270

SE W700i,K750i and K610i
LG chocolate KG800 is also a very good phone

between w810i and n 70 which one is better?

also, i find the n 72 is cheaper than n 70. whats the reason?

Is there any resale on SE "w" phones??? Coz i don't want to end up selling it next year for like 3000 bucks that also with difficulty.

People would agree that Nokia has the biggest resale value at least in India.

As for the price difference between N70-N72 - That's because N70 has 3G camera, N72 doesn't have it, which is good for Indian Customers as 3G will take a long time to come here, so the 3G cam in N70 is practicaly useless.

As for N72 vs W810 - It depends on what you want. They're both excellent in music through headphones.

N70 scores the edge over W810 by featuring a higher resolution video recording. And it also has Symbian if you are looking for good apps and games on your phone.

But W810 features and has a good amount of specific features as well and is much faster than N70.

If you are looking for great camera and good music in a small and very good looking phone then the w810i will be great for you . .
But if you like to install apps and games and want to do a bit "more" with your phone then you can go for n72 or n70. Keep in mind that generally symbian phones tend to be a bit larger and slower compared to normal multimedia phones .
As far is resale value is concerned the "w" series does have good resale value but still not as good as nokia. .

final choice between N72 and W810i.

1. Can both cams take decent pics in the dark???

2. Do both cams have auto-focus?

3. Shall i wait a bit for prices to fall coz i heard N73 shipping has started !?!?

4. What abt the music playback quality on both phones?? Coz i will be using it for music during my bus rides everyday.

The thing which goes against N72 is that it is much bulkier than w810i.

amitmk said:

3. Shall i wait a bit for prices to fall coz i heard N73 shipping has started !?!?
4. What abt the music playback quality on both phones?? Coz i will be using it for music during my bus rides everyday.

any replies for the above?

don't get a n72,go for an n70 instead....spent some time with n72 and didn't like it much...AFAIK there is no big diff pricewise bitween n72 and n70 anyway.

just my 2c

is the only diff is a 3g capability in the n 70 which is useless for us in India... why pay the extra 1000?

I am feeling the w810i to be greater VFM. 512 mb card included in cost of 15k.

1) both the cameras take pretty similar pictures in the dark. But neither is good enough. .
2)n72/n70 lack autofocus and so take pretty poor macro photos.
3)i don't think n72 prices are going below 15k anytime soon. . So it is better to buy phone now.
4)music depends on personal preference but w810 may be just better because it comes in package with high quality headset and 512 card.

amitmk said:

1. Nokia takes better pics in dark than SE
2. W810i has autofocus
3. Prices would fall, but it would take between 2 - 6 months for that
4. SE is way better in terms of music than Nokia

I have personally compared the sound quality of ipod shuffle, SE w800i, ipod nano and nokia n91. acording to me the sound quality is in the order

shuffle --> n91 --> nano, w800i

i can't distingush between w800 and nano sound quality much. thery sound same to me. both have excellent sound quality. but the sound level is low in SE w800i, but then the sound gets distorted at higer volumes in ipod. Also sony walkman got 'best sounding mp3 player' award in cnet australia. SE is worth conseding if you are a music lover like me :p. I can't say about w810i, it would be better than w800 ( just my guess). and yes the camer quality of SE phones simply beat those of nokias. I am talking of still camera. video recording is better in nokia n91 no doubt.

Guyz frm where u people getting doz price?someone said N72/N70 arnd 15k mark etc....N72 is arnd 12k,where as N70 is arnd 13k.
i wud suggest u to go for SE W810i any day.have used both N72,W810i and i find 810i much better compared to N72.
1-W810i has Better cam then N72 infact de best 2MP cam.N72 Lacks AUTOFOCUS.
2-W810i's battery backup is more and N72's is pathetic hav to charge it everyday and bcoz of that i use to get so p*ssed off.
3-W810i a walkman series so its but obvious that its much better then N72 when it comes to Music,its better then N70ME even.
4-W810i looks good smal in size easy to carry where as N72 :mad:
5-With W810i U'll get 512MB memory card as wel as good portable speakers bundled with de sales pack.
**HUH juz now i checked de date of de posts,damn how cum this thread in de top eva wen its sooo old.

Back