CPU/Mobo New Proccy and Motherboard under 8k

hey Guys,

back after a long time. I want a procesor and motherboard under 8k.

Q: What is your budget?

Q: Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
-- CPU and Motherboard - any compatible motherboard
Looking for a Quad core processor. (but take a look on my budget also :)
Q: Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
---Not updating in near future
Q: Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
From my city
Q: Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
No
Q: What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
Gaming
Browsing
Desktop Processing
Watching HD movies
Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
Mostly interested in AMD processor, but if there is anything you would suggest, then I am open to any suggestion
Q: If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
Crysis 2
Racing - Grid at medium to high settings
Q: What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
Gaming - 1920 x 1080
Q: Are you looking to overclock?
No
Q: Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
Windows 7
Linux - Ubuntu

Which graphic card you have? Please post your existing hardware configuration(minus the processor and motherboard).

I will suggest you to grab the AMD AthlonII X4 640 @ 4.6K and Gigabyte GA-880GA-UD3H @ 5.5K.

DarkAngel said:
Where did you get that quote? Its 5.5k and even then hard to find (If able to find then great choice)

Sigh. If you recall correctly, you'll remember that I always typo this motherboard's price. :ashamed: :p

Post updated.

BTW, which is the cheapest Quad core in AMD Athlon II X4 640 ? Am I right ? Then how about Phenom II X4 945. I am somwhat confused about Athlon II X4 and this Phenom II X4 ? Is there only L3 cache difference between them ?

saqib_khan said:
BTW, which is the cheapest Quad core in AMD Athlon II X4 640 ? Am I right ? Then how about Phenom II X4 945. I am somwhat confused about Athlon II X4 and this Phenom II X4 ? Is there only L3 cache difference between them ?

Yes. X4 640 is the cheapest quad-core from AMD's end. AMD Phenom II X4 955BE is priced around 6.3K ATM. If you can extend your budget and go for it then obviously it will be a better choice as it packs a L3 cache which helps to boost gaming performance.

DarkAngel said:
Copy pasting from the same notepad? :p Update it!

Did. :p

My dealer quoted the price for X4 640 as 5k. And he's recommending me this asus board - m4a 78ltm le for 2.8k. Hows this price and is this motherboard ok ?

^^

The ASUS M4A 78LT-M is a very old motherboard and he is trying to dupe you (atleast I thinks this way), it can't hold a candle to the Gigabyte GA-880GA-UD3H, best bet for you is the Gigabyte GA-880GM-UD2H ~ 4400/- GIGABYTE - Motherboard - Socket AM3 - GA-880GM-UD2H (rev. 1.4), if possible grab this Gigabyte GA-880GMA-UD2H ~ 4800/- GIGABYTE - Motherboard - Socket AM3 - GA-880GMA-UD2H (rev. 2.2) (the A stands for USB 3, SATA III support).

If you want to seriously keep the overall collateral below 8000/- ~ 8500/- then go for this configuration --

AMD Athlon IIx4 640 ~ 4900/- TheITWares - One Stop for all Gizmos!AMD Athlon II X4 640 Propus 3.0GHz 4 x 512KB L2 Cache Socket AM3 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor ADX640WFGMBOX, shipped from ITWares, including transport overhead.

GA 880GM-UD2H ~ 4300/- TheITWares - One Stop for all Gizmos!GIGABYTE GA-880GM-UD2H AM3 AMD 880G HDMI Micro ATX AMD Motherboard, if you want USB 3 and SATA III support then prepare to shell-out a little extra and go for the --

ASUS M4A88T-M/USB3 ~ 5800/- TheITWares - One Stop for all Gizmos!ASUS M4A88T-M/USB3 AM3 AMD 880G HDMI USB 3.0 Micro ATX AMD Motherboard.

Hope this helps (a leetle).

^^ hey thanks. It helped, not just little, but much. I've noted down the model no. of that motherboard. But I wonder about its availability in my area. Here dealers always recommend asus, or biostar.

Then go for the ASUS M4A88T-M/USB3 ~ 5800/- as I suggested it shall serve you well, but the RMA of ASUS is awful so take at your own case.

Choose Asus M4N 87TD USB3. Same specs as 88TD, but about 600~800 cheaper, but has no IGP.

Go with AII X4 635: 4.4k and

Asus M4N 87TD USB3: 5.2k (It has USB3 and Sata3 ports for future proofing and is a full ATX mobo)

Back