New promo from Airtel - NO FUP

Actually I am using this technique from more than an year. I just never wanted this to be revealed as its nowhere mentioned in their website and since now everyone knows about it(thanks to the op) airtel will soon put a FUP to static Ip too.
P. S. I am from Gurgaon and this Method is valid for whole India. If you have airtel broadband, you can get this addon.

I just never wanted this to be revealed as its nowhere mentioned in their website and since now everyone knows about it(thanks to the op) airtel will soon put a FUP to static Ip too.

Some one plz hide this thread somewhere, Airtel will come to know about this there is no FUP on Static IP. [emoji13]

Actually I am using this technique from more than an year. I just never wanted this to be revealed as its nowhere mentioned in their website and since now everyone knows about it(thanks to the op) airtel will soon put a FUP to static Ip too.
P. S. I am from Gurgaon and this Method is valid for whole India. If you have airtel broadband, you can get this addon.

I also stay in GGN. What exactly do I tell the CC guys, when I call them up. I am on the 4 mbps + 80GB = FUP plan...! Please let me know.

Last edited:
I don't think it is a very wise move to switch to a static IP especially if your intention with the internet connection is of less than legal activities.

I don't understand this. Could you explain?
Is it illegal to have a static ip for domestic purposes?

Lol..no, static IPs are all right to use. He just meant you can be traced relatively easily. But I doubt a static IP will point to a users end address. Even dynamic IPs can be traced back if authorities want to.

By the way: Love your username.....!!! Lol......

@asingh Thanks. I knew dynamic ip's can be traced, so naturally assumed the same for static ones. I just thought that a static ip is meant only for commercial use or something - like how we have red(domestic) and blue(commercial) lpg cylinders.
One more question - you said it's easier to track a static ip. Does that extend to vulnerabilities/hacks i.e. does using a static ip make my system more susceptible to viruses or hack attacks?

@asingh Thanks. I knew dynamic ip's can be traced, so naturally assumed the same for static ones. I just thought that a static ip is meant only for commercial use or something - like how we have red(domestic) and blue(commercial) lpg cylinders.
One more question - you said it's easier to track a static ip. Does that extend to vulnerabilities/hacks i.e. does using a static ip make my system more susceptible to viruses or hack attacks?
Person above me said that static is easier to track. It hardly matters, though. You will be found, if you need to be found. On the web...! Or hacked.

^ yeah i read about this case couple of years back.it was due to some time format confusion.Either cops messed up or the airtel guy, and they ended up providing the cops with the address to which that IP was allocated at 1.30AM while it should have been 1.30PM.

But thing is, dynamic and static IP,both can be traced easily.but in case of static IP, tracking domains might be able to track your activities across different browsing sessions.thats it.

Back