CPU/Mobo New rig component suggestions, 20k~ budget excluding monitor

frm.bhb

Disciple
This is my first post in this forum.

I'm planning to get a PC assembled in Mumbai. Just going through this forum for ideas.

1) Basically, I would use the pC for word/excel etc and some games.
2) Not a gaming expert. But may play some games such as car racing etc.
3) Not intending to add exclusive graphics card.
4) Some video editing or photo editing using Photoshop etc.
Since this for home pC, it wont be used long hours.

Budget is around Rs.20k (all incl. cabinet, HDD, RAM, Processor and MotherBoard, DVD Writer (excluding monitor))

Can someone please suggest what Processor/Motherboard/RAM combination to Buy? And if possible prices in Mumbai?

1) Intel vs AMD
2) Original mobo vs Chipset
I would love to have the HDMI/DVI things so that I can connect my pc to LCD TV.

Thanks in advance for any helpful suggestions.

Re: Request for PC component suggestions..

Processor: AMD AthlonII X4 620 - 5.2k
Motherboard: MSI 785GM-E51 -4.5k
RAM: Transcend 2GB DDR3 1333MHz - 2.5k
HDD: Seagate 500GB SATAII 7200.12 series- 2.4k
Cabinet: Zebronics Bijli ATX - 1.1k
SMPS: Zebronics Pro(Real Watts)-350W - 1.5k/ FSP SagaII 350w - 1.6k
Optical Drive: L.G. GH22NS30 SATA/Samsung SH-S22F SATA - 1.1k
Speakers: Altec Lansing 2.1 BXR1121 - 1.1k
Keyboard+Mouse: Logitech Combo - .7k
Total: 19-20k.

Athlon II X3 425 2.7Ghz @ 4.2k

MSI 785GN-E65 @ 5.6k (128MB DDR3 sideport memory)

RAM: Transcend 2GB DDR3 1333MHz - 2.5k

HDD: Seagate 500GB SATAII 7200.12 series- 2.4k

Cabinet: Zebronics Bijli ATX - 1.1k

SMPS: Zebronics Pro(Real Watts)-350W - 1.5k

Optical Drive: L.G. GH22NS30 SATA/Samsung SH-S22F SATA - 1.1k

Speakers: Altec Lansing 2.1 BXR1121 - 1.1k

Keyboard+Mouse: Logitech Combo - .7k

This is a perfect combo, and the processor is a 65W too, so lower power consumption...to top it up, it's unlockable to a quad core..

Thanks for prompt and detailed replies.

Just for my understanding,

1) what are the equivalent config if I want Intel - Processor and mobo - MSI or gigabyte or anyother? And any suggestive combinations with expected prices? Ofcourse, I can relax budget constraints, say buy using exising speakers, mouse & KB etc.etc..

2) Also, I was reading that Athlon is dated and now PHENOM is popular !!!

3) MSI seems to have problems with their mobos. Ofcourse, I am not an expert and these are what I read on this forum !!! I do not know anything about unlocking cores etc...etc..

4) You have not mentioned about graphics card - whether your suggestions include onboard graphics or I need to buy a graphics card ?

I do understand that putting questions is easy than answers, but you are in the field and it may be trivial questions for you. But I appreciate your feedback.
Thanks once again.

+1@ Karthi007

1. Going intel way will get you a dual core and not a quad core. Core2duo E7400 @5.2K.
2. It is AthlonII , the main difference btwn Phenom II and Athlon II is missing L3 cache on Athlons.
3. You dont have to worry about unlocking cores as Its a quad core. MSi RMA is an issue based on threads on forum. But you dont really have an option in this if you want DDR3 memory. Anyways most RMA's are painfull and hope for the best.
4. The suggested Mobo has one of the Best Integrated Graphics processor. HD4200. You wont need a graphics card unless you are into serious gaming and video editing etc.

I would stick to Karthi007's suggestion.

Back