PC Peripherals New rig dilemma

indiancomet

Disciple
I am planning to build a/couple of rig(s)

I want to know if its advisable to go with

Option 1:

1. one low end rig for downloading and home NAS (want to keep this below 20K)

2. one medium end main rig for gaming/home office productivity apps (can spend around 60k)

OR

Option 2:

1. Single medium end main rig with all the bells and whistles which serves as the home NAS and downloading rig. (would be around 80k)

:huh:

This budget excludes the budget for a moniter.

I would like to go for a single moniter in both the cases for around 10~12k.

the first option is better if u look from power consumption point of view ...... and u will need double space to keep two rigs ..... and 20k is a generous budget for a NAS type rig ....

let some more words come in by the GURUs here ......

I’d suggest going for the first option as it gives you a backup system in case something fails. And the lower config rig would consume a lot less power while staying on 24x7. This can be used as the download rig. In the second option, the powerful rig will consume as much power when just downloading as when active which is just a waste. For the gaming rig, go for the latest ATI 5870 graphics card which is the most powerful card in the world currently and can drive upto 3 monitors at Full HD resolutions and will add to the gaming pleasure. Combine that with a 790FX based Mobo and a Phenom II X4 965/955/940 processor depending on your budget, 4GB of RAM and 1TB HDD and an optical drive, a decent cabinet+SMPS and you’ve got yourself the ultimate gaming monster.

naveen58 said:
IMO you should get one of these boards.
DFI Hybrid Motherboard HD Video Preview (P45 + ION - Two Systems, One Mobo) DFI Hybrid Motherboard HD Video Preview (P45 + ION - Two Systems, One Mobo) :: TweakTown

it's a board with 2 proccy.
1. Intel Atom
2. Any LGA 775 socket proccy.
it's a hybrid board.
so,when you are downloading something then you can use the atom proccy & when you want some serious power then you can unleash the "BEAST" Q9550 Quad Core proccy.
is this actually available in our market(read Nehru place) and what price point?

Back