New rig for cousin !!

Hey guys,

My cousin is seeking my help for building his RIG !! I thought i ll surprise him with a Powerful rig !!

Q: What is your budget?
Q: Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
Nothing. Will put the old one on sale soon.
Q: Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
CPU - A HEXA CORE to be future proof

Motherboard - any compatible motherboard

GPU - HD6870 or any GPU within 15K

PSU - Corsair VX550

Speakers - Altec lansing 5.1 ( dont rememba the model which cost arnd 8k)

Cabinet - Something which looks cosmetically really good
Q: Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
Yes, will upgrade the following within 6 months
May add more fans and CPU cooler and more storage

Q: Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
Coimbatore/Chennai ( Guys from CBE need your help recommending a good shop price wise and service wise )

Q: Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
No

Q: What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
Gaming
Browsing
Desktop Processing
HTPC
Download rig, 24x7 operation
Watching HD movies

Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
None like that.
Q: If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
All kinda games at maximum settings

Q: What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
Gaming - 1920*1080
Desktop - 1920*1080
Q: Are you looking to overclock?
No
Q: Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
Windows 7 64 bit

Components Description Price (INR)

Processor AMD PhenomII X6 1075T(3Ghz, 6 cores) 9300

Motherboard MSI 880GMA-E45 5250

RAM Corsair 4GB 1333MHz Kit 2700

HDD 1 TB Seagate 7200.12 2750

GPU Sapphire HD6870 1GB GDDR5 14800

Monitor Samsung B2230/Dell ST2310L 8100/10300

Cabinet CM 690 with side panel 4800

PSU/SMPS Corsair VX550 4750

Key Board Microsoft Comfort Curve 2000 1100

Mouse Logitech MX 518 1250

ODD L.G./Samung/ SOny OEM SATA DVD-Writer 950

Speakers Creative Inspire 5.1 T6100 3650

Total 58400/60600

This would make an excellent rig in the 60k budget :) Was not able to squeeze in a more expensive speaker though :(

Dont get the Gigabyte 880G mATX boards as a long card like the HD6870 will block all but 2 SATA ports and u would find it difficult in case u need to add more HDD's in the future. The MSI has SATA ports @ 90 degrees and will have no hindrance. You can also consider the ASUS M4A88T-M/USB3 @ 6.2k can also be considered as it cleverly avoids this by having the SATA ports at the edge for the board rather than parallel to PCI-E X16 slots.

Hey bro, thanks till now

But budget can extend a lil more to another 10 K !! Need a black edition proccy !! Preferably 1090T BE !! And a better board from ASUS and speakers !! Need good cabby too !! He is vry particular about cabby !! And is there any alternative to GPU at 15K !!

Cheers,

avinash4 said:
Hey bro, thanks till now
But budget can extend a lil more to another 10 K !! Need a black edition proccy !! Preferably 1090T BE !! And a better board from ASUS and speakers !! Need good cabby too !! He is vry particular about cabby !! And is there any alternative to GPU at 15K !!

Cheers,
1090T BE ~ 11k.
Asus M4A88TD V EVO~ 7.3k/ Asus M4A89GTD-PROU3 ~ 9.5k
Cabby is subjective. Alternate choice is the CM HAF 922 ~ 6.6k/ NZXT Phantom ~ 8.4k

Alternate GPU is MSI GTX460 Talon Attack ~ 13.75k. I dont have much knowledge about speakers. Wait for others to comment on that.

I think Altec Lansing FX5051 is not in production !! The site never lists its product !! And Prime shows its availability !!

@ varunversion1 Ll go for the same but he doesnt require a CM hyper 212+ and addirional storage will be done wen once the old is up for sale soon !!

DarkAngel said:
Components Description Price (INR)

Processor AMD PhenomII X6 1075T(3Ghz, 6 cores) 9300

Motherboard MSI 880GMA-E45 5250

RAM Corsair 4GB 1333MHz Kit 2700

HDD 1 TB Seagate 7200.12 2750

GPU Sapphire HD6870 1GB GDDR5 14800

Monitor Samsung B2230/Dell ST2310L 8100/10300

Cabinet CM 690 with side panel 4800

PSU/SMPS Corsair VX550 4750

Key Board Microsoft Comfort Curve 2000 1100

Mouse Logitech MX 518 1250

ODD L.G./Samung/ SOny OEM SATA DVD-Writer 950

Speakers Creative Inspire 5.1 T6100 3650

Total 58400/60600

This would make an excellent rig in the 60k budget :) Was not able to squeeze in a more expensive speaker though :(

Dont get the Gigabyte 880G mATX boards as a long card like the HD6870 will block all but 2 SATA ports and u would find it difficult in case u need to add more HDD's in the future. The MSI has SATA ports @ 90 degrees and will have no hindrance. You can also consider the ASUS M4A88T-M/USB3 @ 6.2k can also be considered as it cleverly avoids this by having the SATA ports at the edge for the board rather than parallel to PCI-E X16 slots.
Instead of 6870 i would get a 6950 18k,and You can get 1090T at around 11k and get his board ASUS M4A89GTD PRO-8.2 to 8.5k it oces well,You have mentioned that you dont wanna overclock,then why black edtion processor.?

avinash4 said:
Nope he ll be OCin later not now !! Guys help me out on the speakers !!

@ joel.monty BTW how is NZXT tempest EVO as the CABBY !!
nzxt tempest evo is the best in my opinion

varunversion1 said:
replace proccy with 1090T and get the HAF 922... with the rest go for a coolermaster hyper 212+ and a 2Tb Hdd...
The NZXT Tempest is a far better cabinet ( in looks, airflow, cable management, DUST FILTERS and pre installed fans ) + it is cheaper or below the price point of HAF 922 :)
NZXT Tempest Review - Overclockers Club
NZXT Tempest Case Review | Hardware Secrets

2 TB HDD I don't recommend even 1 TB is a risky proposition as the instance we get extra storage space we tend to saturate it with every data we have, and when it goes :dead: we go :chair: and curse our bad luck much better if OP gets internal 500GB x 2 + external whatever size storage he wants

+ for gaming I think the latest AMD Phenom IIx4 970 B.E. is a better deal ( but no Turbo Core :( ), in the end all upto OP, here is bench for gaming
Bench - CPU - AnandTech :: Your Source for Hardware Analysis and News

Bench - CPU - AnandTech :: Your Source for Hardware Analysis and News
The AMD 970 is right below the Core 2 Quad 9650 and below it is the 1090T

avinash4 said:
Nope he ll be OCin later not now !! Guys help me out on the speakers !!

@ joel.monty BTW how is NZXT tempest EVO as the CABBY !!
Pros:Yeah its a great Cabinet... it has good airflow and cable management... and comes with 6 fans already installed which will help in good airflow... Has enough space to even install a huge graphic card like HD5970...

Cons: Doesn't have side way hdd bay so if theres a graphic installed and u wanna remove an HDD u either have to remove the graphic card to remove the hdd or u have to remove the whole hdd bay from the front side of the cabinet...

Bottomline: Overall its a great cabby for 5.7k

Review: NZXT Tempest EVO Mid Tower Case Review - NZXT Tempest EVO Case - Legit Reviews

Yeah,the case is good,nice airflow(reduced by graphics cards load temps by 10 degrees and cpu temps by almost 6 degrees) and cable management is good too.

Udit said:
how about my i7 920 + UD7 for 28k?
No man. Not interested in used stuff. If required will definately let you know.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

The purpose is for Gaming !! So i was thinking what could be an Intel alternative !!

An i7 920 and ASUS X58 sabertooth mobo !! Will it fit in !!

@DarkAngel - Please help me here and do recommend some shops in Coimbatore !!

avinash4 said:
No man. Not interested in used stuff. If required will definately let you know.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

The purpose is for Gaming !! So i was thinking what could be an Intel alternative !!
An i7 920 and ASUS X58 sabertooth mobo !! Will it fit in !!
@DarkAngel - Please help me here and do recommend some shops in Coimbatore !!
AFAIK u dont get elite h/w cheap in CBE. Its better to source online or from Chennai. You have almost all the manufacturers service centers in CBE. So warranty shouldnt be an issue.

The i-7 950 costs ~14.3k now and the Gigabyte X58A-UD3R ~ 11k and the X58 Sabertooth ~ 11.5k. So no point in going for used h/w which is more expensive. (Agreed UD7 is superior. But its not much of a difference over UD3R for OPs needs)

Back