New Samsung 980 1tb ssd says no warranty

Hi

I tried to register samsung ssd that I bought from amazon yesterday. It is 980 1tb.
It was sealed and everything. Benchmarks are good. It was showing zero hours usage too.

However when I registered the product on Samsung India website it shows that it is out of warranty instead of 5 years warranty. Should I return it? Can I return it?

Samsung service request online replied this:

• Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!
  • This is with reference to your query regarding the warranty status of
  • your product. The issue might be due to some error, however, you can
  • avail of in-warranty services by presenting the invoice of the product
  • when requested.
  • For additional information, feel free to reach out to us and we will
  • surely assist you in resolving the issue.
  • Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    34.2 KB · Views: 51
What is the manufacturing date on the box?

Does the serial number match at all the three places - box, on ssd, and in crystal disk info?

I also bought it form amazon sale but getting this error while chekcing for warraty..

1665839688322.png

Can you tell which format you put the model no and s/n and what about certificate thing?

Many people have bought this ssd so let them to comment as well..

What is the manufacturing date on the box?

Does the serial number match at all the three places - box, on ssd, and in crystal disk info?
Showing Made in Vietnam

Yes serial number is matching at all 3 places you have suggested
Month of manufacture 11 August 2022
Month of import Sep 2022

I called Samsung customer care too, they said that they have 'registered warranty' and everything seems legit

I also bought it form amazon sale but getting this error while chekcing for warraty..

View attachment 148630

Can you tell which format you put the model no and s/n and what about certificate thing?

Many people have bought this ssd so let them to comment as well..
I didnt need to put model number...When I put the Serial No. S6****D it automatically selected the right model etc while registering the product

View attachment 148631

Are you sure as model and s/n both are a mandate?

Mention the link you using to check warranty..

I guess while registering for me it took the model number through the serial number...attached is a pic of the place where I am checking it at

Attachments

• tempsnip.png
    tempsnip.png
    383.4 KB · Views: 44
So I was able to register successfully but same issue like you. But seems they will honor it via amazon invoice.

1665842813092.png

BTW Did you registered it today?
As usually it takes 3-5 biz days to get them registered/update invoice info. in their db per my exp. with other brands.

Last edited:
I've never in my life registered on website any product purchase ever unless it's absolutely necessary for something like extended warranty.
No one can deny warranty by invoice so why even bother...

Besides do you really think even 10% of people who buy products register them online? There's no way....

I've never in my life registered on website any product purchase ever unless it's absolutely necessary for something like extended warranty.
No one can deny warranty by invoice so why even bother...

Besides do you really think even 10% of people who buy products register them online? There's no way....
Same here, I only register if I'm registering for extended warranties.

Now heres the funny thing..

I just now spoke to samsung and they gave a no. of local samsung service gallery and asked me call them on monday post 10am and give my serial no. info. and they will be verifying if the product is fake or genuine.
They even asked me to confirm from amazon.

When I said many people ut there incl. my friends are having issue they said we cant do anything but only confirming it from sevrice center regarding product genuineness can help.

I feel global cos. like asus, gskill etc. are very much pro in this regards, where their product registration thing really works after validating the uploading invoices etc whereas samsungs or other brands only offer this service for namesake with no validation and real logic.

My past samsung products still show OOW even though they carry 10yrs of official warranty!

I feel global cos. like asus, gskill etc. are very much pro in this regards, where their product registration thing really works after validating the uploading invoices etc whereas samsungs or other brands only offer this service for namesake with no validation and real logic.
Well manual vs automated process will differ. As you said after uploading invoice definitely they'll show right coverage period based on DOP.
It's a simple case of their automated process not updated or having issues. Nothing to worry about if product is genuine, Serial no. matches and you have the invoice.

Well manual vs automated process will differ. As you said after uploading invoice definitely they'll show right coverage period based on DOP.
It's a simple case of their automated process not updated or having issues. Nothing to worry about if product is genuine, Serial no. matches and you have the invoice.
I already highlighted this.. My past samsung products registered still show OOW even though they carry 10yrs of official warranty! So the uploaded invoices 4-5yrs ago are just for namesake.

And Forgot to mention the samsung cc guys asked me to download some samsung shop app and register product there where I foudn there's no sch option and instead asked him to guide me through the steps and even he was shocked no such option there and hence in the end he gave me the ph. no to connect.

Terrific, how they brand their apps, ask customer to register and spam for lifetime!

Back