New Secondary phone with qwerty keypad

Hi guys,

Need suggestions for a new phone.

Have been using HTC Legend for 6 months now. Pretty good alround phone, but I miss the keypad after using 2 touch phones for 2 years (N 5800, HTC Legend). Had bought my wife a N C3 after the display of N5800 went haywire. Loved the qwerty keypad in that, though the S40 interface is old and no multitasking (works for the wife though).

So thought of getting a N E5 and replacing the Legend. Went to checkout the E5 at croma. Again loved the keypad, but the old but trusted S60 stared back at me. So decided not to replace my legend which has plethora of apps thanks to android market.

So want to buy a qwerty keypad phone. Budget is 13k. Wanted to know whether there are any other good options (with very good keypad) in that price range. N5 seems to be a vfm fone and has pretty good reviews but S60 surely looks dated.
Usage - texting mainly
Social networks integration
Decent music output
Thanks for the help in advance..

Please post in correct template : Template for Mobile phone purchase advice!

This will help us to make accurate recommendations and you can get a prompt reply.

BTW, Nokia E71 should suffice your needs. It is one of the best smartphones that Nokia have ever designed. Brilliant display, good battery backup, very good qwerty keypad, good music playback and 3.2MP camera. The only disadvantage is that it has 2.5mm audio jack.

If you want another android phone, only Motorola and HTC (abroad) have options in your meagre budget. Motorla has quite a few, Backflip, Quench, and I think one more. HTC has T-Mobile branded MyTouch Slide 3G for your budget - pretty great phone if you can get someone to get it for you from US.

XTechManiac said:
Please post in correct template : Template for Mobile phone purchase advice!
This will help us to make accurate recommendations and you can get a prompt reply.

BTW, Nokia E71 should suffice your needs. It is one of the best smartphones that Nokia have ever designed. Brilliant display, good battery backup, very good qwerty keypad, good music playback and 3.2MP camera. The only disadvantage is that it has 2.5mm audio jack.

I dont think following template is needed in OP's case. he has pretty much listed out all his requirements clearly.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

E71 is a good phone but it has only a 2.5mm jack which is a real downer IMO if music is one of the deciding factors.

The Samsung Bada based Wave 533 S5330 ~ 9k or the Nokia C6 should be good option IMO.

Back