New Speakers- Budget-Rs.5000 to 6000.

pranut

Adept
I need new speakers for my PC, my budget is Rs.6k, extendible if getting a great deal.

My basic need is GAMING and MOVIES. And a litlle music too.

I would prefer 5.1 config, if it fits in my budget else suggest 2.1.

if you can just increase by 300-500 rupees, you can get MX-5021, which will blow you away with quality of audio. perfect for music and gaming. for 5.1, check Logitech X-540, which is kind of the best one among sub 7k surround speakers.

Heard, the new MX5021 isnt as good as the older ones. Is it true? Is there noticeable loss in SQ ?

New one is available for 6.2k locally here.

AL FX 5051. Its been discontinued, but you will be lucky if you are able to find one. It will blow away X540. ALso it doesnt need a good sound card. Its runs off USB and has built-in 5.1 DAC.

dOm1naTOr said:
AL FX 5051. Its been discontinued, but you will be lucky if you are able to find one. It will blow away X540. ALso it doesnt need a good sound card. Its runs off USB and has built-in 5.1 DAC.

Whats its price ?

correct me if I am wrong but FX5051's USB based surround audio may not be supported in many games. and also, it has weak mid range. bass and highs are top notch in this one. If available, it should cost around 8.5k-9k.

IMO, these are not worth the extra 3k-4k over X-540.

me getting it for 5.3k here in Delhi, or so the shop dealer claims, he says they will be available on Monday.

Is it a good deal ?

Any other suggestion ?

Its a cheap 5.1 setup. I had one T6060, which costs, and specs about same as the T6200. It was pure crap for the price. The rear speakers was just there to make unimaginable distorted sounds in movies and games. You can spot that by turning down the volume of all other channels in the sound properties, except the two on rear, and watch a 5.1 movie at high volume.

The only thing you will hear is ...krrr....prr.....grrr....durrr.......mmrrr etc from those speakers. They are the worse surround speakers ive seen, if they count as one. And its the same with newer ones too. Tried connecting headphones to the rear speaker outs in my sound card, and i could clearly hear the sounds for rear speakers. Also i tried swapping the front speakers and rear ones by swapping the pins, but it sounded the same. That means, it has the crappiest multi channel amplifier, and still it might sound almost normal if all channels are kept same volums, as the front 3 channels and much overpowered and sounds pretty decent, like a 1k 2.1 speaker.

X540 is much better, atleast it doesnt have such a crappy amplifier inside, and SQ too is much better than the Creative sub 5k 5.1. But dont expect too much from it, it just made it to the decent budget 5.1 category.

pranut said:
Guys how are Creative Inspire T6200 speakers ?

We have given you the best possible advice for the budget you have and your requirements. Now it's upto you to choose one wisely. ;)

Back