New Speakers- Budget-Rs.5000 to 6000.

yes altec lansing MX5021 is good & also logitech x540
also u can include edifier m3350 (5.1 with remote)
& Edifier DA5000 the blasting model for your home theatre go thru the review

any way fx5051 dont support direct 3d through usb but it has also analog input and the sound is perfect midrange is not week but flat and this is not a balanced speaker it is for bass lovers and treble lovers and main point is it has some hissing at high volumes

the thumb rule for sound card and speaker system >

if speaker cost<=8k;onboard sound is good enough

if speaker cost>=10k consider getting a soundcard

NOTE: try to avoid creative speakers and soundcard if you are spending 5k+

best all round speaker solution -

1.good quality 2.1(mx5021) for movies and music

2.good quality 5.1 headphone for gaming

--

guys as mx5021 is phased out what will be next alternative ?

ripper said:
Any hissing sound on X 540??? S the built quality good?
Need to connect it to my LCD... Any other good options?

no one can doubt about the sound quality of X540, but I don't think the same about its build factor. The subwoofer is pretty much exposed without any protection and chances are there you might get it damaged for the first time if not properly handled.

You will get tight bass and exceptional clarity when coupled it with any of creative soundcard. (I did notice this when using it with onboard Realtek ALC882 and creative 5.1 SB value) Now that I've upgraded to Z5300 for extra bass but I miss the tight audio that I was getting with x540.

MX 5021 has reached End of Life. Altec Lansing are selling the 6021 expressionist ultra instead. Unique model speakers.

The dealer in Cochin quoted Rs.8200 net for the speakers... Can some1 find out if it costs less???

OK.. Getting Altec Lansing 5051 speakers 5.1 for Rs.8325 net..... what say??? Any better prices???... I believe 6021 aren't that gr8

Ya bass is better with Creative Audigy Value than with Onboard Realtek ALC883.

but the settings are more advanced and not much user friendly than Onboard sound!

ripper said:
MX 5021 has reached End of Life. Altec Lansing are selling the 6021 expressionist ultra instead. Unique model speakers.

The dealer in Cochin quoted Rs.8200 net for the speakers... Can some1 find out if it costs less???

OK.. Getting Altec Lansing 5051 speakers 5.1 for Rs.8325 net..... what say??? Any better prices???... I believe 6021 aren't that gr8

FX5051 is really good for the price. It has built-in 5.1 DAC, and you nedd a good sound card for it to sound good although it might be even better with a good card like the Xonar DX.
Other than a small issue of hissing at volume higher than 90%, its a great set of speakers. Highs and lows sounds good, but mids are slightly recessed, but still is good.

ok.. Before I go ahead and buy... why isnt anyone talking abt JBL??? I used to have a Creature II sometime back which I gifted to a friend.. They were really good for that price. And a lot lot elegant!.. Especially in the living room....

Some feedback on various JBL options Plzzzzzz.....

Back