New Stuff :P

Anish where did u get those rams from and how much.

80mm Fan very much required and these can do gr8 timings if u feed them proper Vdimm.

Do post ur results with that ram.

Those are my OCZ i have lend to Anish for time being.

Anish be careful with the volts, i didnt kept my previous RAM past 250 24x7 just to stay below 3.3v vdimm.

Anything over 3.3 heats up the ram to blazing hot. And Also the IC on the mobo too gets uber hot.

I also found VX to be ultra sensitive to the configuration in the DFI bios. 1 wrong/unsuitable setting and it will give errors in memtest.

Just play with the settings to find the sweet spot for the RAM.

^^ Yeah those are actually Funky's sticks that returned from Newegg (Due to RMA)..

@ Funky, yep I have taken precautions by placing a 80mm fan over the sticks/memory VR h/s :)

WHoa ! xcellent stuff Anish. One question about the RAM, how does this compare to the memory in my siggy in terms of OC etc.? Sorta of a noob question i know

You cant compare it actually... you have TCCD/TCC5(dunno which one). His is UTT.

They are both made for different uses.

UTT is best for low latencies and TCCx is made for really really high speeds with slightly loose timings

^ Elite Edition is guaranteed to be TCCD.

And yes, you cant really compare it. Winbond UTT does relatively ok speeds averaging around 250~260Mhz but maintains tight timings of 2-2-2-5 throughout. Considering the on-die memory controller on the AMD loves lower latencies, most people tend to favour lower-latency memory. People with high-clocking Winbond memory stick to them especially for benching sessions (Case in point - many of the top 3DMark scorers).

TCCD on the other hand does insanely high 300Mhz speeds, but at slightly looser timings. However, in most cases the higher speeds outweighs the looser timings giving TCCD the upper hand.

On a 24x7 basis, TCCD is more preferable considering it uses a very nominal 2.7~2.8v at the most, while Winbond BH/CH memory needs something in excess of 3.3v+ to reach max potential, which makes it unsuitable for 24x7 use.

@ Nikhil - Exactly as Eddy explained..

These sticks tend to max out at 265 Mhz but at 1.5-2-2-5..

On the other hand, Harshal's TCC5 do 300 Mhz but at 2.5-3-3-8.

That Harshal's stick are giving him 800 Mbps more B/W is a diffrent story :p

Hey..the motherboard looks pretty powerfull..uh..:)
Hey what are the those small slots before the pci slot called and what are they for?

Back