New TE member needs help with building his first PC =)

@ev1l_n0_0b13-There is no need to get Seasonic X-series 660W,rather get corsair tx650v2-5.2k or seasonic s12ii 620w-4.5k,you can oc cpu and gpu on this psu.

Just got back from CTC. I visited Shweta computers and computer bazaar. The Shweta computers guy I talked to gave me the following quote:

Proc - 11.5
Mobo - 13.4
NZXT Gamma - 2.3
PSU - Coolermaster Silent Pro 600 - 6.2
Corsair Vengeance 4GB - 1.5
LG dvd writer - 950
Total: 35,850.

The Computer bazaar sales team sent me from one member to the other and finally I noted down these rates and left:

Proc - 11.7
Mobo - 14
Corsair Vengeance - 1.8
Coolermaster Silent pro 650 - 5.7
Coolermaster 350 cabinet - 1650
Total: 34,850.

I will get components from either shop or online depending on the rates.

The Shweta chap told me that it's not worth going for Seasonic because there aren't any dealers nearby, so fixing it will be a long, painful process. Is the Coolermaster Silent Pro series a good enough replacement for the X-series, or should I just order it from Overclockers zone and hope for the best? What will I have to do in case I need to get the X-series repaired?

@ thegatekeeper, the seasonic you suggested has good reviews, and I'll read up on the other one next. But if I'm going for seasonic I might as well go for the 660 as it's better in every way and the price difference is acceptable for what I'll be getting in return, IMO.

I'm keen on getting the 660 because of the rave reviews it has, the fact that Seasonic is the OEM for Antec/Corsair/Coolermaster/other companies; the extreme stability it shows at different load settings, the fact that it's fully modular (okay the Coolermaster Silent pro is modular as well), and because all the components are top-notch. The lack of dealers and service centers is quite an important point though.

Dude I would suggest you to not delay the buy till Jan cause the Rs.=$ exchange rate is going north and $ is getting much more expensive. This might affect the prices of the components. . . !

This is one gamble you'll have to make . . . ;)
Hope it helps. :)

ev1l_n0_0b13 said:
Just got back from CTC. I visited Shweta computers and computer bazaar. The Shweta computers guy I talked to gave me the following quote:

Proc - 11.5

Mobo - 13.4

NZXT Gamma - 2.3

PSU - Coolermaster Silent Pro 600 - 6.2

Corsair Vengeance 4GB - 1.5

LG dvd writer - 950

Total: 35,850.

The Computer bazaar sales team sent me from one member to the other and finally I noted down these rates and left:

Proc - 11.7

Mobo - 14

Corsair Vengeance - 1.8

Coolermaster Silent pro 650 - 5.7

Coolermaster 350 cabinet - 1650

Total: 34,850.

I will get components from either shop or online depending on the rates.

The Shweta chap told me that it's not worth going for Seasonic because there aren't any dealers nearby, so fixing it will be a long, painful process. Is the Coolermaster Silent Pro series a good enough replacement for the X-series, or should I just order it from Overclockers zone and hope for the best? What will I have to do in case I need to get the X-series repaired?

@ thegatekeeper, the seasonic you suggested has good reviews, and I'll read up on the other one next. But if I'm going for seasonic I might as well go for the 660 as it's better in every way and the price difference is acceptable for what I'll be getting in return, IMO.

I'm keen on getting the 660 because of the rave reviews it has, the fact that Seasonic is the OEM for Antec/Corsair/Coolermaster/other companies; the extreme stability it shows at different load settings, the fact that it's fully modular (okay the Coolermaster Silent pro is modular as well), and because all the components are top-notch. The lack of dealers and service centers is quite an important point though.

Sire, the Cooler Master Silent Pro is rated @80+ Bronze efficiency whilst the Seasonic X series is rated @80+ Gold efficiency, so there itself the Seasonic unit is better, also SMPS's do not fail easily so I think your fear for A.S.S. is unfounded.

Also I find the Shweta Peripherals chaps direct and more helpful as compared to their Computer Bazaar counterparts, bought my system from them two years ago.

Instead of Corsair Vengeance RAM modules, get the cheaper XMS3 OR G.Skill RIPJAWS RAM modules, you will not loose much in terms of any parameter, except price will go down, here it is why -- AnandTech - Sandy Bridge Memory Scaling: Choosing the Best DDR3.

Hope this helps, Sire. Cheers!

Back