New To FPS!

Srirama

Adept
Hi guys,

as the title suggests,I'm new to the world of fps games. :ashamed:

Please do suggest me a game which i can buy,and will be the most value for money.

Also do suggest according to my system specs in my siggy(i know little bit outdated :p,but I play on 1440 X 900 :bleh:),I always play at highest settings with all the eyecandy.

All in all,suggest me a FPS game,which is highly entertaining. :)

Depends on what you have already played.

But from the current crop of games where its worth turning up eye candy(which is what u want to do right?) I would recommend the following:

COD Series -> COD: Mordern Warfare 2 (I am currently playing it! Good multiplayer option too!)

Crysis[of course! The biggest challenge is this game is actually having a system that runs it on highest settings ;-) But you can give this a try may be?]

Bioshock 1 & 2.

Half Life 2 [If you have not played through it already] I would say most VFM game would be the Orange Box! Buy it!

F.E.A.R. [If you want a spooky FPS]

Max Payne 1 & 2... This is what made me like FPS in the first place... :) Fond memories!!

There are lot more of course... but these above ones are hot!

Hey its not a bad card, I had the same card for a LONG time i know, + your proccy is nice, just overclock it a little and you'll be good to go.

SP FPS's :

Bioshock 1 (and 2, but i haven't played 2 completely yet)

COD MW1, WAW, and MW2

Borderlands

Crysis, and Crysis Warhead

Wolfenstein (2009 one)

Now i can say i'm primarily an online gamer :p, so if you're looking forward to some online fraging i'll recommend :

Team Fortress 2 (Really fun and enjoyable)

Bad Company 2 (Really kinda realistic and squad based rather than anything else)

Counter Strike Source (After the update its kinda weird but still its one of the most realistic online games, and true to the CS name)

COD : Modern Warfare (This one has support in India and i'll have to say is also better than MW2)

^ Its in that order for me :p

+1 for Crysis and COD: MW

Your card is good, but I doubt it can play Crysis at all high, COD: MW will be playable at all high tho :)

@plasma: Even I started out with Max Payne lol, it was the first game I ever bought lol :D

gastly said:
@plasma: Even I started out with Max Payne lol, it was the first game I ever bought lol :D

Good you brought it up! I forgot to mention those are not FPS lolz its third person shooting mahem... but who cares great fun! Want to replay Max Payne 1! ;-)

plasma said:
Max Payne 1 & 2... This is what made me like FPS in the first place... :) Fond memories!!
lol sorry for trolling but the game that "made you like FPS" is a TPS :p

gastly said:
+1 for Crysis and COD: MW

Your card is good, but I doubt it can play Crysis at all high, COD: MW will be playable at all high tho :)
I had that card, and i played it on high on 1280*1024, 1400*900 is a similar resolution.

Ok guys,thanks for the superb list.

It will be my first FPS ever ;)

I'll be buying bioshock 2 soon,i'll report how it goes.

I thought about crysis too,i will decide between the two.

Btw,Thanks for the responses. :D

Aman27deep said:
lol sorry for trolling but the game that "made you like FPS" is a TPS :p
Haha! corrected myself just in time mate before you TROLLED!! Anyways it made us play shooting games in general ;-)

Srirama said:
Ok guys,thanks for the superb list.
It will be my first FPS ever ;)
I'll be buying bioshock 2 soon,i'll report how it goes.
I thought about crysis too,i will decide between the two.
Btw,Thanks for the responses. :D
Well, bioshock is good but not worth buying over many other games. Better buy Bad Company 2 or COJ Bound in Blood IMHO :)

COD : MW1,2 will give you a good and decent taste of First Person Shooters. It is not the best out there, but good to play. You go in all gung-ho -- not much stealth. Same with F.E.A.R - I.

- Highly unlikely someone has not played this.

But if you haven't, get the Half Life 2: Orange Box asap.

5 great games in one pack costing Rs. 750/- or Rs.700/- or less now

- F.E.A.R.

old game but still one of the best FPS games i played that scales quite decently as per the GPU.

(be ready to pee in your pants if you are chicken like me- plainly put, one of the spookiest games ever with some great VFX)

(was Rs.250 for a new e-play pack)

- Far Cry

very old game but Jack Carver is the dude.

The AI is also quite good for a game that old.

(was Rs.250 for a new e-play pack)

- Return to Castle Wolfenstein.

Very old game but pure shooter imho and some moments when you have to use brains else you run out of ammo

GFX is too low for today's times butthegame had a thrill and chram of it's own

Agent Blazcowicz blasts everything in his path. :D

Crysis and Crysis: Warhead.

COD (Call of Duty) series

The first 3 will be a good intro to FPS games.

Play 'RTCW' and'Far Cry' first and in that order imho as the gfx are a bit too dated for now.

It's not exactly easy even though it's an old game.

Next will be HL2 series, Portal, Team fortress2(online multiplayer only), FEAR, COD, ...

There are some good FPS+RPG games too.

But you will discover the good ones eventually.

You may also check gamespot critic ratings and mainly user ratings to make a list.

Play the demos before you finalise which ones you want to buy.

p.s. you need a good net connection and STEAM installed to be able to play some games.

WAR Shooters and Great Single player Campaigns

Call of Duty 1 (not available anywhere, you are lucky if you find it) (299) (kick-A@@ MP)

Call of duty 2 (450-499) (kick-A@@ MP)

Call of duty Modern Warfare (999 IMO) (kick-A@@ MP and Co-op)

Call of Duty World at War (1150-1299) (kick-A@@ MP and Co-op ++++ Nazi Zombie Mode)

Medal of honor 1 (299)

I personally did not like other releases under this series, so not suggesting

Halo : Combat evolved (May be 399) (kick-A@@ MP)

Crysis (999 IMO) (Super AI and One of the best tactical shooters)

Crysis Warhead (799 IMO) (Super AI and One of the best tactical shooters)

Horror/Thriller Shooters and Great SP Campaigns

Half Life Anthology (499 may be)

The Orange Box (650 IMO) (A Must buy)

- Contains HL2, EP1, EP2, Portal, TF, DOD2

F.E.A.R. 1 (299)

Bioshock 1(499 IMO)

Left 4 Dead (999 IMO) (Best Zombie apocalypse/Survival FPS of all times) (Best 4 players Co-op in this category)

Left 4 Dead 2 (699 IMO)

Best online Game dealers

- www.intencity.in (TE dealer also)

- Game4u.com | Buy Games in India. We deliver video games across india, Mumbai, Chennai, Delhi, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Ahmedabad

- nextworld.in: The best place to buy PC Games | Xbox 360 Games | PS3 Games in India! (import copies, games which are not easily available in India)

hey crossbow thanks. I didnt knew Halo Combat Evolved pc was available in India. gonna buy it now. I played Halo 2 which was kick ass.

and err..Half Life Anthology is available for 399. I own one.

Back