Audio Newbee to sound cards...I need one.

punit1

Disciple
I was looking to add a new sound card to add to my rig....well I thought my motherboard was ruined last week but it was the psu http://www.techenclave.com/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=153.so am thinking of diverting my upgrade towards a sound card .Got the altec lansing Mx 5021 and would like to pair it with Auzentech X-Plosion 7.1 Cinema Audio Card ...am specific on this card because of its DTS® Interactive feature .It says

DTS® Interactive : A real-time 5.1 encoder that takes any 2 or more channel and encodes it into DTS® bit stream. DTS® Interactive provides a single cable connection via S/PDIF digital audio output to a DTS® enabled surround sound system by encoding all audio into a DTS® compatible bit stream at 1.5Mbps

If i buy one Buy Auzentech X-Plosion 7.1 Cinema Audio Card in Mumbai India can i add it to my present Asus A8N-VM motherboard.It has got
1 PCI Express x16
1 PCI Express x1
2 PCI
Only PCI Express x16 is occupied and all rest are free.The minimum requirement says
One available PCI 2.1 or higher spec compliant PCI slot
I don't know whether PCI 2.1 is compatible.please advice.

You can get AuzenTech X-Plosion 7.1 PCI Sound Card -Openbox from ebay.com through shopyourworld.com for Rs.5K (get it as a gift and avail 5% discount by paying using ICICI cards). I got ASUS Xonar DG Sound Card for Rs.2.4K form amazon.com through shopyourworld.com to pair it with my M-Audio AV40.

is there any performance difference between sound cards running on pci and running on pci-express?(assuming they are equal and same models,with different interfaces)

Thanks for the helpful responses.what does a 16Pin MIDI_IO Header essentially mean!!its mentioned in the Minimum System Requirements.

Minimum System Requirements

- Genuine Intel Pentium III 1Ghz, AMD 1Ghz processor

- At least 256MB of RAM

- One available PCI 2.1 or higher spec compliant PCI slot

- 16Pin MIDI_IO Header for supporting MPU-401 MIDI UART Port

- Microsoft Windows 98SE/ME/2000/Server2003/XP/Vista operating system with DirectX 9.0a minimum

- Hard Disc Drive supporting UDMA 66/100 and 5400rpm

- Active 2ch speakers / Headphone or 5.1ch/7.1ch Speakers with powered amplifier

Back