Newly purchased Samsung Galaxy R - faulty hardware?

unleashed87

Disciple
Hey guys,

I purchased a new Samsung Galaxy R box piece from a retail outlet this monday. Everything (android features/camera/music etc) seems to be working fine, however suddenly when i receive calls I can't hear the person at the other end and vice versa when i make calls I can't hear the phone ring nor the person's voice who received the call.

But on restarting the phone, calls work fine. This seems to be happening since the last 3 days. Could this be the reason of faulty hardware?

Take it back to where you bought it from and have them check it..

also try some other service provider/another sim.. could be a network glitch..

I may be problem with sim card maybe

One i had gone to my operator gallery a person had come who had a similar problem with his ace. He representative told him that there are some issues with old sim cards (3-4 years ) used in some samsung phones and they gave him a replaced sim card. So i would suggest you to try using another sim and see if the problem persists

Sent from my LG-P500 using Tapatalk

techno_guy said:
I may be problem with sim card maybe

One i had gone to my operator gallery a person had come who had a similar problem with his ace. He representative told him that there are some issues with old sim cards (3-4 years ) used in some samsung phones and they gave him a replaced sim card. So i would suggest you to try using another sim and see if the problem persists

Sent from my LG-P500 using Tapatalk

Well I am an AIRTEL user and my SIM is exactly just a year and a half old. I was using a Galaxy 3 for a year prior to this, but didn't face any problem as such.

But thanks to all of your inputs, I shall try using a SIM of another operator and check the results.

I am facing the exact same issue as the OP. Any solution for this? My Galaxy R is brand new with India stock ROM and is not rooted.

Also it seems to be a software issue rather than a hardware one..

I just got a Galaxy R.. On the way home.. Will check and let you know
<

it's not a big problem

solution is to turn off the proximity sensor in call settings and turn it on again after reboot

Have been using my newly purchased galaxy R for over a month now, and experienced NO such issues.

Or rather no issues whatsoever. Been operating silky smooth, with impressive battery life (2 days with moderate usage), and call quality is pristine, in fact much better than my S2(which is temporarily loaned to my GF).

In fact as far as real-time (not theoretical) performance is concerned, the R is on par with the S2 in every aspect, except gaming, where ive found the tegra optimized games to run a lot smoother on R than on s2. Not to mention it feels a lot more premium in the hand, than my S2 did and has probably the best SUPER LCD in the market.

Back