Laptops News: Quad-SLI laptop to be launched soon.

ANP !!!

Skilled
L International Computers Inc., the re-born computer maker previously known as Lieberman Computers or L Computers, announced a laptop that can feature up to four graphics processors. The company does not name any shipments timeframes or prices, which is in the past L was often accused of unveiling vaporware products.

The upcoming Metropolis-series laptop will feature overclocked Intel Core 2 Extreme X6800 processor functioning at 3.37GHz, will be based on Intel P965-series chipset, will be equipped with up to 4GB of PC2-6400 (DDR2 800MHz) memory, two Serial ATA hard disk drives, optional PuRAM solid state system drive, HD DVD drive and other powerful hardware. The most noticeable advantage of L International Computers’ Metropolis will be four GeForce Go 7900 graphics chips in quad SLI mode accompanied by 19†monitor with 1920x1200 native resolution.

“It is targeted at the uncompromising high-end consumer and business user, adding the performance and features set to a mobile form factor only available today in desktop and workstation boxes,†a statement by L International Computers reads.

The company did not say when it will start to take orders on its Metropolis computer series and at press time information about it was absent from the company’s web-site. The firm also did not specify approximate pricing of the Metropolis laptops.

Lieberman, or L Computers, shut the company down in late 2004 due to lack of financing, but has reborn itself since then and become a public company listed at Pink Sheets.

X-bit labs - Hardware news - L Computers Returns: Promises Quad SLI Laptop.
This is Useless. Thinking of how much will be the battery life, 20min or say 30min.

^^People buying such stuff don't care abt battery life :p. I mean come on would you ask a ferrari owner what mpg his car gives :rofl:

This looks crappy, and I mean it. I am sure 101% this is another vaporware product from L computers. I must admit I was excited when I first read about it on xbit a week back, but honestly a desktop processor with 4 Go 7900 GPUs, please tell me they are kidding. And if you look at their official website, you would find it to be a lil familiar. Have a look!

is this the same company that was selling the mach go l pc last time.. full of bull crap ?

Lol 19" Monitor on the LCD.... You kiddin me right :p...

The upcoming Metropolis-series laptop will feature overclocked Intel Core 2 Extreme X6800 processor functioning at 3.37GHz, will be based on Intel P965-series chipset, will be equipped with up to 4GB of PC2-6400 (DDR2 800MHz) memory, two Serial ATA hard disk drives, optional PuRAM solid state system drive, HD DVD drive and other powerful hardware. The most noticeable advantage of L International Computers’ Metropolis will be four GeForce Go 7900 graphics chips in quad SLI mode accompanied by 19” monitor with 1920x1200 native resolution.

Since when did laptops came overclocked... And Since when 965 Supports SLi officially :p...

Back