PC Peripherals News ::: *SOLVED* MSI K8N SLI Platinum Onboard SB Live! 24bit Crackling

dipdude

Skilled
for people with msi boards...

source : http://forum.msi.com.tw/index.php?P...e5fc672c101b3&topic=83651.msg595302#msg595302
BUT I FOUND THE SOLUTION!!... It was my Core Center v2.0.0.1 running in the background !!! .... I disabled it and PROBLEM SOLVED!! ... no more crackling in games and Winamp. Thanks God this problem was driving me mad for almost 3 months now. PLEASE TO THE MODERATORS OF THIS FORUM TO FORWARD THIS PROBLEM TO MSI CORE CENTER PROGRAMMERS. i don't know if this problem is due to Core Center only since i have installed in my system also Speedfan v4.23, however Speedfan does not seem to cause this problem. The crackling noise is only happening when Core center is running even with Speedfan disabled. Crackling noise is described here as a 3-4 seconds distortion in sound (hiss, pops etc..) which repeats randomly during a game session or music track.... very annoying really ....must to have something to do i guess with Core Center accessing board's SM Bus.... Nevertheless, i did not try the newest version of MSI Core Center to see if this problem was rectified which i doubt...

Back