Graphic Cards Next generation = 512-bit ? any takers...

I'm wondering what you guys think will be the next gen. memory interface.

I'm thinking that the high end would probably have 512-bit they could double the bandwidth with out having to increase the memory past the already insane 1+Ghz speeds. Or with out having to use another "new" memory technology.

I was thinking they could also possibly use Turbo cache (or ATI's equivalent) even on their highend for some addition bandwidth maybe for the the SM3.0 processing or something.

:p

I dont see much future in Turbocache like technologies.I think,as you said,512 bit interface will gain popularity.
Lets see what we have in future.

I also feel that memory size will increase from 256 MB to 512 MB.New generation games will generate mind boggling grafix for that large amount of buffer is required.

turbo cache ? i doubt that its meant for serious gamers who would prefer dedicated memory on the video card itself

512mb is much more the norm , can easily imagine 2*512mb cards in sli mode within a few months :D

bottle said:
512mb is much more the norm , can easily imagine 2*512mb cards in sli mode within a few months :D

That would be awesome.
512MB cards in SLI
that would be some blazing performance.
:clap:

Could it be XDR RAM from RAMBUS. Though it's quite expensive , it's said to be reaching the speeds of whopping 3.2 GHz. It would be interesting to see XDR RAM in action. :D

I agree with Bladerunner 512 bit width will be too expensive to manufacture, cell technology is the way to..
TC is not a bad idea too if implemented correctly, take for eg you have 2gigs RAM and you are playing a game at 1600*1200 at 8x AA and 16xAF in that case even 512mb VRAM would be a bottleneck.

Talking bout that Darky post some screenies at that resolution with Maximum eyecandy for games like HL2 and Farcry !!!

Hypermemory or TurboCache is the future, newer top of the line cards like the upcoming radeon x950xt with 512MB of its own RAM, will also be going to have it

Yeah, and actually Nvidia's aim with TurboCache was to reduce the price of a gfx card drastically, i guess. What they're aiming is that cards like GeForce 6200 make up for their lower video RAM with the help of TC. Although that certainly wont mean that suddenly ur 6200 gives a performance of a 6800 Ultra, it still makes TC an interesting technology !

Yep ATi and Nvidia are trying to capture the whole segment of those onboard users. But TC is still to expensive imho to achieve that kind of popularity.

Back