Budget 20-25K Nexus 4 (battery life) or any worthy competitor?

sibot

Adept
Hi,
My friend wants to buy a phone and had her heart set out for the iPhone 5C. She's a Blackberry user and texts heavily. This will be her first touchscreen phone. She's also prone to drop her phones once in a while.

I had convinced her to go for the iPhone, but looking at the alternatives at Croma the other day, I saw how the Android phones have come a long way and frankly spending 37-40k on a phone does not seem justified. Thus, I suggested her to go for the Nexus 4.

But of late I have read a lot of complains about the Nexus 4 battery life and fragility. The battery life seems to be erratic and lasts 6-11 hours depending on the usage. I own a 4S and usually get through the whole day without a charge.

Her primary usage is - Whatsapp, BBM, Instagram, a bit of surfing, phone calls, camera app.
If plugging in the phone for charge was not an option, is the Nexus 4 a worthy competitor? A phone that can at least last 12 hours on a charge?

Also I'd love to get others inputs on how the battery life on their Nexus 4 is. She is willing to spend more and go for the Nexus 5, but the reviews of the Nexus 5' battery life is again nothing to write back home about.
In a fix.
TIA.

Lenovo p780 if you want to go for battery. Has superb battery life, that no other Android phones can match.[DOUBLEPOST=1385626618][/DOUBLEPOST]You can also looks at the Lumias, which would also bea good option in that price range.[DOUBLEPOST=1385627484][/DOUBLEPOST]
Lenovo p780 if you want to go for battery. Has superb battery life, that no other Android phones can match.[DOUBLEPOST=1385626618][/DOUBLEPOST]You can also looks at the Lumias, which would also bea good option in that price range.

I would take a Lumia 920. Its a really good phone.

Last edited:
Back