Budget 20-25K Nexus 5X 32GB from Ebay for 20K - Any alternatives?

aadi007

Disciple
I am planning to buy the Nexus 5X 32 GB from ebay with seller warranty at 20K after coupons.
I feel this is an excellent deal.
It's got the best camera for sure in this price range. The chipset is also very good and you guaranteed to get updates for a long time.
The cons are - average battery life. ordinary looks (I will put a cover anyways). and only 2 GB RAM.
I think 2 GB RAM should be good enough for multi-tasking though 3 GB RAM and >3000 mah battery would have been perfect.

Is there anything better in the market right now at this price range?
MY priorities are 5" screen, good camera, good performance (less bloatware), batter life.

Why do you think LG G4 is better? It is anyway too big for me - 5.5" is not acceptable to me
I don't buy the camera argument as I think the new Nexus cameras are equally good. (check dxomark and gsmarena )
probably the Galaxy S7 is better.

Only issue I see with the Nexus 5X is 2 Gb ram and plasticky build

EDIT: If 4G does not work, then what's the point in buying such a phone in 2016?

Camera is equally good on both devices. G4 has a better build, better display, better RAM. Also, removable battery, microUSB connection and microSD slot.
But yeah, if 5.5" is not acceptable, that throws G4 out of the equation.

Yes better build, bigger RAM but does not have a fingerprint sensor and 4G.
Also, Nexus will receive updates for at least 3 years.
SO, it is a much more future proof device.

I think Galaxy S6 is the only other alternative but it is costlier.
Also, MI5 is a good one but again costlier and the camera is good but not so great.

I bought the same few days back.
Being a Nexus lover and Nexus 5 user I am loving it. Better than N5 in all ways :)

Tell me more about it ...particularly the battery life and camera. And what is the typical RAM usage?
Also, which seller you bought it from? Please let me know.

Just saw that the Lenovo Zuk Z2 and Z2 pro have been launched having screen size of 5" and 5.2". Superb specs and the price is great too (in China). Most importantly, the Z2 is having 5" screen with a big battery (3500 mah) and costs only $280.
If the camera is good, makes sense to buy instead of MI5.

I am thinking to put my Nexus 5X purchase on hold for now. Anyone knows the launch dates?
Does it make sense to wait?

Tell me more about it ...particularly the battery life and camera. And what is the typical RAM usage?
Also, which seller you bought it from? Please let me know.

Just saw that the Lenovo Zuk Z2 and Z2 pro have been launched having screen size of 5" and 5.2". Superb specs and the price is great too (in China). Most importantly, the Z2 is having 5" screen with a big battery (3500 mah) and costs only $280.
If the camera is good, makes sense to buy instead of MI5.

I am thinking to put my Nexus 5X purchase on hold for now. Anyone knows the launch dates?
Does it make sense to wait?

I would not be able to wholeheartedly recommend the Nexus 5X. It is great to use, but from my experience, it does stutter here and there and does so frequently enough to notice. Like someone said, my vote would be for the G4, and the camera on the G4 is fantastic. However it lacks the supremely good fingerprint sensor that the Nexus 5x has.

If you are looking for a 5incher, then I would suggest you to look at a Samsung S6 also, it is a great little device, and despite what the reviews say, the battery is powering the phone for about 32hrs (moderate use, 4hrs SOT) and that is adequate for me. Also check out the Galaxy A5 and A7 (do not look at the dummy sets, look at the real ones) they are really good.

How is the Honor 7 ?
Looks good to me and the build is way better than N 5X.
Depends on how much you are getting it for, and if it is the 32Gb version or not. I do not see any point in getting a 16Gb version even if the phone has an option to accept an SD card. Also, if you are planning to squeeze every last drop of performance, the Kirin processor might not be the best.

However, for regular use, the phone is brilliant, and the fingerprint scanner is responsive, and Huawei have done a fantastic job of Emotion UI and the functionality of the fingerprint scanner.

Bottom Line: Barring the 16GB storage option, the phone has my full recommendation.

Depends on how much you are getting it for, and if it is the 32Gb version or not. I do not see any point in getting a 16Gb version even if the phone has an option to accept an SD card. Also, if you are planning to squeeze every last drop of performance, the Kirin processor might not be the best.

However, for regular use, the phone is brilliant, and the fingerprint scanner is responsive, and Huawei have done a fantastic job of Emotion UI and the functionality of the fingerprint scanner.

Bottom Line: Barring the 16GB storage option, the phone has my full recommendation.

Thanks for your comment.
There was an offer in flipkart recently which ended but I think it will come back again.
In that offer, it was available at 19K.

What's the issue with 16 GB of storage? I can put music and stuff in a SD card..no?
Can you tell me more about the camera and the battery performance? I am hearing good things about the battery life but not so sure about the camera.
Some comparison with other phones will be great.

What's the issue with 16 GB of storage? I can put music and stuff in a SD card..no?

You can, but you cannot move all the apps into SD card. (Marshmallow With Adoptable storage might make this possible) but internal storage will anyway perform better than even the best Class 10 SD cards. Other than that no issues.

Can you tell me more about the camera and the battery performance? I am hearing good things about the battery life but not so sure about the camera.
Some comparison with other phones will be great.

Camera is good. I cannot really compare it with anything else, but definitely on par (or eve better) than the Nexus 5. There is this light painting mode in the camera that will allow you to put the phone on a tripod / stand and it will capture all the ambient light and produces some really great shots. There is definitely some grain in the low-light shots, but that is to be expected. In the price range, I would say the camera is definitely a good one.

If you are into selfies, you will love the 8mp front camera with the fingerprint shutter.

How about Moto Z close to stock firmware

launching tomorrow.
Oh..I din't know the launch date but I think Moto has stopped making smaller phones. They are going with the mantra- "bigger is better".
My current phone is Moto X 1st gen. So I will be very interested in Moto Z if it is available around 5"

So , far I have shortlisted
Nexu 5X
Honor 7
Galaxy A5
Galaxy S6 (over budget though)

So, after searching a lot, I still do not have many options.
Only ones worth considering are the ZUK Z2 and ZTE Nubia Z11 mini.
But none of those are getting launched any time soon.
Honor will probably launch Honor 8 this month but we don't know when that will be available here and at what price.

I am pretty much decided to go with Honor 7. Looking for a good deal.
The Nexus 5X has better low light camera and will get latest updates.
The Honor has better design, build quality, screen, battery life, more RAM, IR blaster.
I do not see any major negative with the Honor 7. Am I missing something?

Also, need to check 4G connectivity before buying.

Back