Nexus S - Gingerbread Goodness

So, I went & bought the Nexus S. I'm pretty sure people were expecting it for some time.. :p

Well, I'll post detailed impressions and thoughts later. Some pictures for now. (and a 5 second video)

img2758f.jpg

img2753.jpg

img2754.jpg

img2755i.jpg

img2756d.jpg

img2757d.jpg

YouTube - Nexus S / Gingerbread(2.3) old CRT Style Screenoff Animation

The phone feels extremely solid in the hand. It looks better than the SGS series, mainly due to the added curves. Also that metal ring around the phone is gone, replaced by more curves, so it looks more sleek.

Build quality compared to SGS is somewhat better, added heft feels nice in hand & more solid. The curved screen is subtle but noticeable..

If you want the latest updates ASAP(for a year atleast), which are properly working and stable, then yes. (by stable I mean fully working, not half to almost working 2.3.1 builds that are coming out very soon)

Otherwise if you don't mind waiting for the devs at XDA to get the latest updates working for your respective phones, then no. Keep in mind the differences between the two.

It all depends on your preferences & desires. I've found good sales for my previous phones, so I'm not losing money, plus I hated what happened to me with the Vibrant with the constant delays.

Back