Camera Nikkon L21 or Fujifilm AV100, Which one?

Hi friends,

I need to buy 1 camera for one of the staff for the official purpose although he can use the camera for himself too. So good pic quality is required but good Battery Backup is must.
I found that Nikkon L21(priced 4350/-) and Fujifilm AV 100(priced 4100/-) are in the budget. So i request u to plz guide me which one will be the better? If u have any more Model then my budget is 4k. OR Any lower range(<4k) camera with good battery back up will also do the work.
Nikkon L21 details : Nikon India Private Limited
Fujifilm AV100 details : FinePix AV100 / AV105 : Specifications | Fujifilm Global

Thanks for viewing my thread.
Regards.

Both are good but the Nikon will have better service and so I suggest you get that one.

For the Nikon, the advantage is that it has a wider starting focal length (27mm vs 32mm) which is a reasonably bid difference.

For the Fujifilm, its got 4 more MPs but that doesn't translate into better IQ , its also got a slightly bigger LCD monitor and it can shoot HD video (1280x720 @ 24 fps).

Both are priced around the same so you can take your pick.

Thanks for the reply, I think that Nikon L21 will be a good choice since taking photo is more important than recording video. But, Is AV100 slower than L21?

I went for Nikon becaz of quality associated with Brand, extra accessories and due to some bad reviews about AV100. All i can say is that this is a decent camera for the price with decent pic quality.

photo taken by newly bought L21.

2chqamc.jpg

I think my decision was right.. although I find it very difficult to take close-up photos with this camera. again without using any zoom gives very decent photos but using max optical zoom result in lil decrease in pic quality or amy be blurred... But finally i can say that this is best bang for 4500/-.

Back