Car & Bike Ninja 300 vs Ninja 650

The closest bike that anyone can Imagine "like" N650 is Karizma. like is a relative term for the loss of more better word in my mind. Not power or numbers or anything. Just the quality of ride. N650 is very very nimble and meek yet packs a punch if you want to go bananas.

I cannot imagine driving something like D690 in city for long. Too keen to please me :). Not comfortable in butt *ouch*. But riding pose I like. Upright. But without a good windscreen that also is like another hell. I always look for something like Bullet but modern. Yea, Classic. Got one. still nowhere near modern in my books. I am a sucker for N650. Cant afford one in India. :(

Coming to the tyres. I agree that stock tyres on D690 should be retained. but the change cycle and cost associated with it, coupling to fact that already a bike that "drinks" fuel and needs top notch care... A buyer really need to think how much he is willing to spend for that bike.

I for one for all the bikes will never spare a single rupee. I believe in prevention than cure. Time i feel something is nearing their life I will get it replaced. The service guys will say "no few more kms it will go" "no need". I dont care. get it replaced. If i am getting a bike I will make sure i can spend on it. else i will also repent buying the bike. How can anyone enjoy a bike if its not always in tip top condition. My first bike pulsar 200 was bought in 2007 and sold 2 months back. The buyer was like... holy shit. When i showed him the complete service bills, item replacement bills etc. :D. He gave me the asking price without even hesitation :D.

Last edited:
Same problem with me mate. I haven't even ridden any other bike than my Bullet in my entire lifetime as a biker so every bike I ride or try to buy, I end up comparing it with my Bullet which I love despite all it's noises, vibes and issues.
Same is my and my Dad's attitude when dealing with parts or servicing. I have literally got the bike serviced in less than 500 kms interval just because the reminder set on my phone told me service was due.
If I buy a bike I will probably never sell it off. That's just the way it is with vehicles and my family. We have a 97 Bullet 350 and a 2002 Fiat Palio that still run as new and have never troubled us with huge bills and we see no reason to buy new vehicles just for the sake of commuting. Passions are another thing and that will be the only reason I get a new bike. My only issue is with finding a good mechanic as that has been the key to the good health of both our vehicles so far.

Yup. Get the N650 and enjoy years of free riding. This flick, grip terms are all just terms if you all you care about is the ride. N650 offers such clean and smooth ride. I only driven 690 for around 50 kms.. I felt like i was on top of a angry dog just raring to jump. But hey if that is your definition of ride then D690. If its bling, then D690.

What I believe is in smooth ride, graceful gear shifts etc.. N650 gave me that. I rode it around 300 kms. I loved every moment of it. And might i say, very comfortable. D690 made my butt hurt. :(.

And people who say that numbers and biking dont go together are just dumb. Yea. plain dumb. If you want a expensive show case out of your house then by all means be a "rider".
One need to see if they can afford the bike properly then only get the one fits in your budget. "Kitna deta hain" &" expensive tires "may be derogatory statement but damn it you are talking about the upkeep of a bike. if you don't calculate how much it costs to run the bike properly, why would anyone buy it?

Last weekend before I was in a Ducati showroom with a colleague. An American. Even he asked how much miles per gallon for a model he wasn't planning to get. Being sensible never made anyone a bad rider. Same on some people.
The running cost of a bike is of utmost importance and Yes,you can't just neglect it.But do all classes of motorcycles stand in the same line?I would bother to calculate the fuel efficiency of my Pulsar 150 or the D390 and deduce a result .But would that be the deciding factor when we compare two different segments?This was what all I was trying to say.

^^

It is. More to be honest. You may very well afford a p150 now. no issues. But when you are upgrading to higher categories, you need to ask questions like Kitna deta hai and all associated prices. Otherwise you will end up spending too much for a bike. Coz admit it, you are a normal Indian. Bike is a utilitarian item. It takes you from point a to point b. Its less recreational.

Yes there is a riding mania. Having a bike and riding gear makes you a rider. True. But on the same bike you go to office wearing semi formals or schools wearing uniforms or colleges wearing casuals or shopping wearing shorts :). So yea, better ask these questions.

@rdst_1 If you are in Bangalore I can suggest you a very good mechanic for Ninja. He owns a Bajaj workshop and is a very great guy (old and experienced though). He owns a Ninja himself and is a regular rider. Totally trustworthy.

@rdst_1 If you are in Bangalore I can suggest you a very good mechanic for Ninja. He owns a Bajaj workshop and is a very great guy (old and experienced though). He owns a Ninja himself and is a regular rider. Totally trustworthy.

Does he service all bike makes or Bajaj and Ninja only?

Yup. Get the N650 and enjoy years of free riding. This flick, grip terms are all just terms if you all you care about is the ride. N650 offers such clean and smooth ride. I only driven 690 for around 50 kms.. I felt like i was on top of a angry dog just raring to jump. But hey if that is your definition of ride then D690. If its bling, then D690.

What I believe is in smooth ride, graceful gear shifts etc.. N650 gave me that. I rode it around 300 kms. I loved every moment of it. And might i say, very comfortable. D690 made my butt hurt. :(.

And people who say that numbers and biking dont go together are just dumb. Yea. plain dumb. If you want a expensive show case out of your house then by all means be a "rider".
One need to see if they can afford the bike properly then only get the one fits in your budget. "Kitna deta hain" &" expensive tires "may be derogatory statement but damn it you are talking about the upkeep of a bike. if you don't calculate how much it costs to run the bike properly, why would anyone buy it?

Last weekend before I was in a Ducati showroom with a colleague. An American. Even he asked how much miles per gallon for a model he wasn't planning to get. Being sensible never made anyone a bad rider. Same on some people.

Where did you ride a Duke 690???

Mysore. Sorry was referring to the 390 all along. Not 690. Dunno why i keep repeating that.

Last edited:
This thread just is another random rant by OP i guess. D690, N650 and now harley... for going to college. Just realized how big of an idiot I am to reply here.

Back