Nintendo Switch lite Cracked version

Hello guys,
I own a switch lite that is cracked so I can download those ahem versions of game. never had any issue and still dont have other than...
Now I am not much aware of how this whole thing works properly. I just bought it and yesterday I noticed that if I take out the sd card . Nintendo switch does not show anything on the screen.
I am trying to understand this device more now.
I have few doubts if someone can help me understand?

1) is this normal? that cracked switch does not work without microsd cards
2) Should I make the backup of that sd card? if yes , any particular procedure I should be aware. I dont want to connect it to my windows pc and find I have corrupted the sd card/
3) I have 128gb card and I wish to go to 256gb but Not sure if it will work with that card.

homebrew payloads are stored on sdcard and required to run custom firmware so it is not possible to boot into custom firwmare without sdcard

you can do nandbackups and restore them to your new sd. I personally tried this on v1 unpatched switch but I'm not sure on switchlite as it uses hardmod way

try looking into *highseas* switch subreddits. Do not follow any youtube tutorials as they always carry the risk of becoming outdated

homebrew payloads are stored on sdcard and required to run custom firmware so it is not possible to boot into custom firwmare without sdcard

you can do nandbackups and restore them to your new sd. I personally tried this on v1 unpatched switch but I'm not sure on switchlite as it uses hardmod way

try looking into *highseas* switch subreddits. Do not follow any youtube tutorials as they always carry the risk of becoming outdated
Thank you for your reply. This is helpful.

Can I not just copy past from switch sd card to another connecting the two SD cards on my desktop?.

you can if your sdcard doesnt contain any partitions
My sd card had no partitions and I manage to do simple copy paste on my second sd card and it worked fine.

I must mention one will need to formart their sd card to fat32 to do before you transfer your files and do it on windows 11 there is a free software that i used AOMEI.

For anyone doing this be careful or you may brick your console.

Back