CPU/Mobo No Beep sound during startup. Motherboard or Processor ?

namnocilis

Disciple
My config:

Asus M4A78-E Motherboard
AMD Phenom2 X4 940
1 TB HDD WD
CoolerMaster Extreme 500W
2 X 2GB Transcend DDR2 800Mhz RAM

I purchased this PC just 10 days back and i used to have couple of issues like getting stuck at the motherboard screen and all from the last few days.. but then i updated my bios and everything was fine for the last 2 days.. it worked perfect with no issues, then suddenly

I start my system and now nothing happens.. :(

HDD seems to be running, checked the RAM at friends place and it works
Processor fan is running, PSU fan is working.. motherboard led is ON, Cabinet fans are working, DVD Drive is working..

the motherboard is not posting,
no beep sounds..
no display on monitor,
no lights on keyboard..

i can't get into the BIOS.. :mad: earlier the same problem happened and when i press the reset button it used to work.. but now, even the reset button doesn't work.. it doesn't even restart, only way is to poweroff..

i tried resetting the CMOS.. reset the jumpers, removed the motherboard battery and placed it back again after few mins.. still, no use.. nothing is happening.. Is it the problem of Motherboard or CPU? did anybody have the same issue?

please help.. me troubleshoot this :please::help:

Check each RAM stick and each slot one by one individually. (try 1 stick across all slots, then try another one across all, one stick at a time)

motherboard problem , take it to dealer from where u bought and get it replaced .

can be psu issue also so try some other psu first .

Could be one of the above three mentioned problems + one more.... Remove the heatsink & see if the cpu is installed properly. See that its properly seated on the socket or not. remove & re-seat the cpu & install the heatsink again.

Start the computer without RAM or any component attached. Count the beeps if any & then proceed with installing one component after another. If still no display then either BIOS is dead or the Mobo In both cases it should be RMA'ed.

I had the same issue last week... my pc wasnt booting with my RAM sticks, but when i used my friends RAM stick it booted .. had to buy a new RAM stick..

But since yr RAM is working at yr friends place..

Its most probably the Motherboard...

tried starting with only motherboard and CPU.. still same problem, no beep sounds and no display.. :(

tried removing the processor and heat sink and placed in back again.. still nothing :no:

tried placing the RAM sticks in different combinations and slots.. nothing works :(

giving the motherboard to RMA..

Back