Storage Solutions No Burn Setting in Nero Express 7

daumaster

Disciple
Am using Nero Express 7 with OS Win XP SP2.

I burnt three avi files on a UMAX DVD-R 8X [taken from a new 10 Disc pack] as data file yesterday.

The write speed chosen by Nero was 2X.

The burnt disc plays okay in my pc, but the message "No Disc" is displayed in my stand alone Pioneer DVD Player.

I tested another DVD-R from the same 10 Disc pack in Nero and found the Burn Settings grayed out at 4X Burn speed, ie I could not choose Burn speed options like 8X etc.

I repeated the process with a WRITEX DVD-R 16X. The Burn Settings displayed drop down options for 8X, 12X & 16X Burn speeds.

Confirmation is requested whether the UMAX DVD-R media of this 10 Disc pack is bad.

dont use nero startsmart. it is for noobs and bit resource hogging due to graphical interface + slow.

burn settings are displayed in nero express. access it via start menu/nero 7

Burn settings are displayed, but drop down options for different burn speeds like 4X, 8X, 16X are grayed out when the UMAX DVD-Rs are inserted in the LG 22X DVD- Re-writer tray for burning.

I tried out some old UMAX DVD-Rs, which I have burnt in multi session mode and still have space left for further sessions, and the burn settings are displayed okay, with the drop down options for different burn speeds.

Normally, I don't choose burn speed for 8x DVD-Rs. For 16X DVD-Rs, I go for 8x burn speed.

Looks like this particular batch is having dye problems or something.

1. does your pioneer dvd player support avi files? most dvd players not supporting file formats show the no disc info.
2. the discs not showing all speed settings might be bad.

Imo, use Imageburn if you want a better software for burning.

Edit: i think dvd's cannot be written to more than once. the session is closed after writing once. even if nero or other software supports multi sessions, the hardware will not support it i think.

1. DVD Player is DV-575-AS, which is DivX supported. Have viewed countless avi movies burnt on DVD-Rs & DVD+Rs on the stand alone player.

2. Discs have to be bad, options for changing burn speed grayed out in Nero.

Nero is okay for me.

DVDs can be written to more than once. The burn session on a disc is closed only if you do not tick the check box in Nero activating multi session burning.

Only problem is, if you burn movies in multi sessions, stand alone DVD players do not recognize the movies after the first session. There's no problem in a PC with playing all the movies burnt in different sessions on a DVD.

Back