CPU/Mobo No display after installing gfx card

saurabh.

Disciple
Hello,
I recently bought a used graphics card, but after installing i am not getting any display. My system specs are as mentioned below.
Processor- Intel Core i3 540, mobo- Asus P7H55-M LX (Pcie version 2.0)
Ram- 4gb. Hard drive- seagate 1 tb, Monitor- Crt (LG)
Cabinet- Circle make with 400w power supply
Gfx card- XFX ATI radeon 5670 1gb gddr5

The pc runs smoothly without graphics card. but not getting any display after installing it. I connected monitor to DVI port via an adapter. According to the card's specs, it should run on my system without any issue. But it is not. Following are the things that I have tried.
1) Installed card on sellers machine and it runs without issue. He also showed me gpu-z screen.
2) Tried installing it 4-5 times but had no luck.
3) Tried to install the drivers first but it did not allow me as graphics card was not detected.
4) Connected pc to LCD TV through hdmi port. but same thing happened.

After all this, I suspect that Pcie slot must be having some issue. can anybody figure out whats going wrong? Am i missing something? thanks in advance for your support.

No the power is fine..

Try this

1. Remove your DVI connector from your gfx card
2. Connect that DVI your main board after boot it shows your screen (you can't see screen ON because of your gfx card connected to your monitor)
3. Boot system and go into the bios setting change it to default or go to southbridge there's a option that might says which display first so choose pci of-course then save it and shutdown your pc
4. Now remove that DVI connector from board and connect to your gfx card
5. Boot your system

Maya2009 & Arjun I have tried that option already but same thing happens. I have taken snapshot of bios screen but i don't know how to upload it here. I think I need to send mobo to service centre.

Monitor- Crt (LG)

I connected monitor to DVI port via an adapter.
What adapter are you using? If you're using some cable adapter, it won't work. DVI is digital, VGA is analog. Although its confusing why your LCD TV isn't working either.

Did you try connecting your monitor to the onboard graphics with your GPU installed?

What adapter are you using? If you're using some cable adapter, it won't work. DVI is digital, VGA is analog. Although its confusing why your LCD TV isn't working either.

Did you try connecting your monitor to the onboard graphics with your GPU installed?

I am using cheap adapter. from what i read, there are three types of DVI ports. DVI-I, DVI-A & DVI-D except DVI-D the adapter works on other types. for DVI-D to analog you need expensive converter. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_Visual_Interface I connected cpu to lcd to check whether there is any problem with adapter or dvi port. and yes connected monitor to both motherboard vga port and card's dvi port.

Most ports are DVI-D. Which one is yours?

and yes connected monitor to both motherboard vga port and card's dvi port.
And? Were you getting a signal from the motherboard VGA port even with the card installed? Is your system booting up?

BTW which port did the seller use for testing - the DVI one? Your HDMI port might have issues itself, which isn't really a test for your dvi port or the adapter. You should probably take your adapter to the seller's place to test that instead.

Most ports are DVI-D. Which one is yours?

And? Were you getting a signal from the motherboard VGA port even with the card installed? Is your system booting up?

BTW which port did the seller use for testing - the DVI one? Your HDMI port might have issues itself, which isn't really a test for your dvi port or the adapter. You should probably take your adapter to the seller's place to test that instead.
my motherboard has DVI-D type port and gfx card has DVI-I or A. you cannot insert adapter into DVI-D port as it has additional pins. Seller connected monitor via HDMI. So i also tried it by connecting it to lCD. but it did not work. and no I was not getting display through VGA port of mobo either. No booting and no bios screen. The card fan runs but nothing is displayed on screen. I am gonna take my mobo to ASUS service centre now. will update about their feedback. thanks for help.

hello all,
want you to update on my problem. I took my mobo to asus service centre. they checked everything and found no problem with it. I also took my gfx card for testing and it worked there. Now I am pretty sure that the problem is with psu. So I have decided to buy a new psu. should I check any other component before this purchase? Also I am confused between following two psu. which one should I buy? If you know any better alternative, please suggest. my budget is max 3k.
corsair-vs450
corsair-430cx

Would like share an experience ages ago which might have a resemblance. I had bought a nvidia fx 5200 (an AGP card !!). I plugged it in and I couldn't get a display coming. I was furious and I took apart the RAMs but the AGP card plugged in and started the system. As expected got beep codes. Then I put back RAMs and started the system and and display came up as magic. Although it happened in 2006 you can try it now.

Back