Graphic Cards NO display on LED tv from Nvidia 260GTX

Rahul

Skilled
I have got a Samsung 40" series 6000 LED tv. I have connected it to the computer through a DVI to HDMI converter and then though 3meter HDMI cable. There are two HDMI ports on the tv. One say HDMI and the other DVI-HDMI. If i connect the computer through HDMI then sometimes display comes while computer and booting and when windows loads up it refuses to display anything. nvidia control panel does not show any additional monitor. When i connect to DVI-HDMI on tv there is no display, no matter what i try :(
My primary monitor is a dell 22"

So far i have changed the HDMI cable to belkin good quality cable.
Changed the DVI to HDMI converter.
Updated the graphics driver to latest.(using windows 7 64bit)
tried booting the computer only with samsung tv connected.

No luck, no matter what i do, i can not get display on the tv. I have checked the tv HDMI connector with a apple tv and hdmi player, both ports works fine.

I assume it is a desktop computer you are talking about. so when you connect a TV you have to go to the nvidia settings and make the TV as the primary monitor and it should come. Or if you want to use both monitors extend the desktop monitor to the TV. There is also a clone function where both the monitors will have show the identical content. Let me know if this helps.

I assume it is a desktop computer you are talking about. so when you connect a TV you have to go to the nvidia settings and make the TV as the primary monitor and it should come. Or if you want to use both monitors extend the desktop monitor to the TV. There is also a clone function where both the monitors will have show the identical content. Let me know if this helps.
Yes its a desktop PC, tv is not detected by windows or nvidia drivers. Its just showing one monitor. I have tried all setting and force detection in nvidia driver but it refuses to detect any other display apart from dell :(

read the TV manual. Adjust the resolution and refresh rate in Nvidia settings according to settings supported by your TV.

read the TV manual. Adjust the resolution and refresh rate in Nvidia settings according to settings supported by your TV.
I can do that only if nvidia driver detects the tv. my computer is not detecting the tv at all.[DOUBLEPOST=1377254743][/DOUBLEPOST]
Is it a 19 pin dvi to hdmi adapter?
I have tried two converters including one which came with the graphics card. The one which came with the graphics card is DVI-I single link. The one i have purchased is DVI-I dual link.

original.gif

EDIT - i am not sure about the DVI-I or DVI-D part. will confirm once i check.

If you also want sound from your led then you will need the DVI dual link adapter . Also you will need to connect spdif from card to mobo .
Now coming to your problem , i think the main culprit is the resolution and refresh rate . Try lowering your resolution to 1280*768 and see whats the result .

Yes its a desktop PC, tv is not detected by windows or nvidia drivers. Its just showing one monitor. I have tried all setting and force detection in nvidia driver but it refuses to detect any other display apart from dell :(
Try connecting the desktop monitor by vga and the TV by dvi. Check and let me know what happens. I will be up tonight so let us see if the issue can be solved.

Try connecting the desktop monitor by vga and the TV by dvi. Check and let me know what happens. I will be up tonight so let us see if the issue can be solved.
Both connectors on the graphics card are dvi, you want me to use dvi to hd15 converter and connect the monitor ? I have tried using just the TV also without the monitor, does not work .

I just tried with another sony 17" monitor with Dvi and in this arrangement, both monitors works fine.

If you also want sound from your led then you will need the DVI dual link adapter . Also you will need to connect spdif from card to mobo .
Now coming to your problem , i think the main culprit is the resolution and refresh rate . Try lowering your resolution to 1280*768 and see whats the result .

I don't want sound from Hdmi. How do I change the refresh rate or resolution if th display itselft is not shown in the Nvidia control panel. I can just change those for the dell monitor

[quote="Rahul, post: 1863104, member: 676" I can just change those for the dell monitor[/quote]
Then do that first on dell monitor , save settings and then connect tv removing the dell monitor and see if it works . Otherwise will try something different .

Just checked, both converters are DVI-D, but i guess HDMI is digital only right ? is there DVI-I converter available for HDMI ?
Converters(blue one came with the card)
fr_156_size640.jpg
fr_157_size640.jpg

Connection at the back of the computer.
fr_158_size640.jpg

What does the TV manual say about connecting PC to the TV? Which port did they advice to use? You don't need 24 pin adapter. The blue 19 pin one will do just fine for full hd support along with sound. I was using one of those with my old graphics card.
Check your TV input settings to select PC input.
Also do check your nvidia settings for dual display.
Experiment using both dvi ports on graphics card.

Tried everything and somehow managed to get display from HDMI1 port. Even if i switch the port HDMI1 to HDMI2 while computer is running, the HDMI2 port does not get any display. Although in the tv user manual and back panel HDMI2 is marked as HDMI-DVI, and mentions as computer should be connected to HDMI2 only :-/.

Now if i boot into safe mode in HDMI1 and then plug to HDMI2 then it works.

Now the trouble is when i connect the apple tv to HDMI2 and stream any content through iphone or ipad it gives HDCP error :mad:. It works fine in the HDMI1 port.

Back