Monitors No Display on the Monitor..Plz help ???

Balkazzaar said:
You see in the past i used my PC for downloading overnight and for this i used to set the Screensaver to work for 2 minutes and turn the monitor off automatically after that. (i never used to turn the Monitor manually by pressing its Power button). This has been going on for atleast 2 years.

Now i would like to ask could the above situation be the reason that is messing up my display.

I guess this can be safely ruled out since the monitor is working fine on your dads PC.

Also I am facing a similar problem right now but the BIOS thing works for me whenever the monitor is refusing to display. Also mine is an LG Flatron L1720B 17" LCD. So our manufacturers too match besides our problem :ashamed:.

Thirdly I have tried changing from GPU to onboard. No relief. The monitor still refuses to display sometimes. And mind you this is random and I havent been able to find any pattern till now.

Balkazzaar said:
4) But the Keyboard, yes the keyboard does a really weird thing.The NUM Lock turns On and when i try to turn it OFF, the light still remains ON.

Now there are 2 issues, one is no display and the other is no response from keyboard.

:huh::huh::huh::huh::huh: The same thing is happening with my keyboard too. NUM LOCK pressed ... it does not respond. Mine is a Microsoft Internet Keyboard.

But when attached it to another PC it ran absolutely fine. So I guessed there must be something wrong with my PS2 port.

Also this is the reason I use the jumper to reset BIOS sometimes since the DEL and F2 buttons do not work.

Now that you mention this same problem along with the display problem I am starting to suspect some connection.

I am using Intel DG965RY mobo.

My daily investigations are still on ... lets see if we arrive at any conclusions. :(

EDIT:

BTW i recently switched from Intel 915GAV mobo to my current one. Previously too my monitor has shown such problem on my old config.

The things I have changed now include

1) Mobo

2) PSU

3) RAM

4) Removed GPU and switched to Onboard

so i guess these things can be ruled out.

hey guys ....problem solved....can't believe i did it....:clap: :! :jumpy: :clapping: :yahoo:

there's a jumper that is positioned next to the CMOS battery...The jumper was initially placed in positions 2 & 3...i turned OFF the PC and switched its position to places 1 & 2...and started the PC.....and Walllah....:yahoo: the display came back...u guys have no idea how relieved i was...:S :bounce: :yeah: had it been the Mobo....i wud have freaked out....:S :S :mad:

BUT there's a very minor issue....anyways its not serious...but i'll mention it anyway......

After the display came back....the screen that came first was the BIOS screen...the timers were all set to zero...i mean the time and the date...well, i then corrected the date and time...and exited the BIOS screen....BUT, this is were an error came...but i dont think it was an error.. it said "PLEASE TURN OFF THE THE POWER AND RESET THE JUMPER TO NORMAL MODE POSITION."

Well,i then turned OFF the PC again and switched the jumper back to positions 2 & 3..and started the PC again..and YES...THIS TIME THE SCREEN WAS....

" Windows XP Professional Loading........."

:yahoo:

This problem repeats itself sometimes...for example...if i turn OFF the PC and turn it On after say 6-7 hours..i have to repeat the same procedure again mentioned above...anyways the main problem is solved...

Thank you so much :hap2: :hap2: :hap2: :hap2: for your help and support guys...u stood with me through thick and thin and i promise i will return back the gratitude..............thank you so much....:angel1: :angel1:

Mere aakhon mein Khushi ke aasoon aa rahein hain.....:(

thank you once again guys...

P.S: it is humble request to the mods not to erase or delete the smileys...plz let me enjoy and savour this moment...

Yes Balkazaar the same is happening to my config

I have to repeat this procedure sometimes if the display is not up or windows is not booting.

any permanent solution ?

Yes Balkazaar the same is happening to my config

I have to repeat this procedure sometimes if the display is not up or windows is not booting.

any permanent solution ?

refer to the post number 24...that worked for me.........turn off the monitor and switch ur jumper position and turn ON ur PC....its shud work..... and wen asked to switch the jumper to Normal Mode position...turn OFF ur PC again switch the jumper back to the initial position and Boot ur PC....the display WILL come back........

Clearing the CMOS memory; :)

Eg: To restore the BIOS settings for the motherboard to factory-shipped settings;

Yes i know it works but its just stupid to do it over and over evrytime i have to boot .. isnt there a permanent solutions .. what is the exact problem .. we havent yet hit bullseye yet.

I am having same problem of monitor but not with keyboard.

But I have samtron 56V monitor.

I have Asus A7V400-MX motherboard and AMD processor 1Ghz.

nvidia 128mb fx5200 graphics card.

I know my config is old crap but I have to do with it.:(

I cleaned RAM and also bought new CMOS battery but problem still persists.

When I start pc monitor displays for sometime but then vanishes and monitor light starts blinking like eg. it happens when we shut down pc and monitor light keeps blinking.

But sometimes it displays without problem for hrs.

Display also goes sometimes when I am adjusting setting in BIOS that means it may not be OS problem.

Its very random.

Please give me some solution.

Back