No Flash Support for Android 4.1

^ Yeah.. where are you guys ...
The Linchpin for this would be no support for Flash in iOS ....

Apple (iOS) Fanboys might say - We told you so...

End of Android, Really ?
I feel its end of Flash, not Android.

It goes without saying that Apple has been instrumental in bringing this change.

Shows how cheap Apple is. Like i say, this is a company which won't hesitate sucking blood out of you to sell their products.

Is this the beginning of the unknown death for Android?
Why is it death for Android? Anyways, flash seems to have lived its life and HTML5 is its successor. As for flash videos, YouTube has started converting its library to .webm and I read somewhere that close to 60% of regularly accessed videos are already in .webm.

Flash is dying. Unless companies take strong measures like this we will never make the change to HTML5. Web designers use flash because it is still used by a large majority of people. When there will be a large demand for same content in HTML5 they will have no choice but to convert.

but this transformation phase would be painful, and someone has to take it for a year or so.... in this case we will be the generation who will take this pain :(

But I still think they should have done this move from next iteration of android. As with nexus 7 tablet a lot of people will introduce them to Jellybean Android and they might feel cheated / disappointed with this decision.

html5 will not replace Flash until there is some DRM system in place for it. The reason most websites (that monetize their streaming) use Flash is because they think it is secure and access can be controlled. If Flash does go away, these websites will move to an app based streaming system which is worse than Flash support because the Apps will only be created and supported for a few devices.

Frankly i don't see what problem these companies are having with Adobe Flash, it's very convenient and they're getting rid of it. As stupid a decision as not including a mSD slot in Nexus devices IMHO.

I remember this quote from engadget commenters.

"Steve Jobs is right, Flash is Dead"

after a while

"Steve Jobs is dead, Flash still Alive"

Back