no monitor display when PC starts..

no display on monitor when comoputer starts//.....

power is on, both LED lights of Mobo. are on fans are spining inside, the monitor is powered on, The keyboard does not have power, the mosuse also has no power... plz help...

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

i have chekchedthe SMPS.. the smps seems to power on .. because the CPU fan, extra fan are all working, but the SMPS fan is not running.. the DVD writer is also porwerrd on on startup// plz help..

Check the RAM. I'm pretty sure it's the RAM.

It could be the SMPS as well. What brand is it?
Alternatively remove the graphics card, and connect to the onboard slot.

About the issue you mentioned, because several possibilities might cause the problems, such as something wrong with memory, motherboard, BIOS, driver, power, attached hardware ... etc.

I suggest that you could try to do a simple test first:

Remove such as add-on cards, devices from motherboard, only install CPU, single memory, single HDD, VGA card and power (simple environment), and make sure the components on the motherboard are installed properly, then please take off the on-board battery to leak voltage to clear CMOS data by following the steps below:

1) Turn off power.

2) Remove the power cord from the PSU.

3) Take out the battery gently and put it aside for about 5 minutes or longer. (Or you can use a metal object to connect the two pins in the battery holder to make them short-circuited.)

4) Re-insert the battery to the battery holder.

5) Connect power cord to PSU again and turn on power.

6) Power on your system.

7) If BIOS can POST, please enter the BIOS and load the fail-safe defaults setting.

8) Save changes and reboot the system.

After clearing CMOS and load the fail-safe defaults, please test your system in a simple environment to observe the result. If there's nothing wrong in simple environment, try to install several additional cards into the slot one by one to observe the result again and again.

See if this helps !!!

agree with malhotraraul...perform the steps and post back. Individually without video cable, what does monitor display?

guys... problem solved... seems ram was d culprit... had 3 slots of ram.. removed 2 and hsd 1 ram only.. now pc working

guys... even after my ram remioving same probl,m... the PSU s fan does nt start .. computer boots /// 2-3 times/..... after 3-4 tries.. PSU fan starsts.. nd monitor comes on.. it seeems .. either ram slots or PSU is d problm.. nd when monitor display comes i get the CMOS cheksum error...

guys... even after my ram remioving same probl,m... the PSU s fan does nt start .. computer boots /// 2-3 times/..... after 3-4 tries.. PSU fan starsts.. nd monitor comes on.. it seeems .. either ram slots or PSU is d problm.. nd when monitor display comes i get the CMOS cheksum error...

Remove your graphics card and try. If the PSU is unable to supply enough wattage, your computer should boot fine after that. Or you could get a spare PSU. You'll need to tell us the PSU brand. Did you remove the battery on malhotraraul's recommendation? If so check if it's properly reinstalled.

actualyy.. my mobo does nt have onboard video... nd i did removed the batteryy for 5 min. and then again reinstalled, but that did not help.... my suspicion is on PSU/battery/ram...

Back