No RGB/ARGB pins on MB, How to use ARGB Cooler with it?

Superhind

Recruit
I recently purchased a motherboard (Gigabyte G110M) from Classified. I also bought a Hyper 212 HALO Air Cooler without checking the specs. Now both products are with me, and the HALO fan has two connectors. One is a CPU_FAN connector with 4 pins. There is a second connecting wire that requires a 3-PIN ARGB connection to the motherboard. My motherboard does not have ARGB or even RGB pins. What can I do/buy to connect the 3-PIN ARGB to the motherboard?

I am lost. I have Sys_Fan socket free and a set of power LED if that helps.

I use this in my PC as my motherboard did not come with ARGB connector ports.

Yes, you can connect ARGB connectors to this but the unit comes with preset color modes and you can change between those preset color modes ONLY. My Deepcool AK620 Digital CPU Cooler is connected to it along with 3 other 120mm fans. I have it set to the Breathe mode.

The one you linked has limited effects cant be controlled by any software just preset effects.

Like this one comes with usb port but afaik the effects can be controlled through cooler master's masterplus software not with motherboards.
Thats expensive. Ill just get the linked one. I just need it to work. Will save up and get better MB down the line
I use this in my PC as my motherboard did not come with ARGB connector ports.

Yes, you can connect ARGB connectors to this but the unit comes with preset color modes and you can change between those preset color modes ONLY. My Deepcool AK620 Digital CPU Cooler is connected to it along with 3 other 120mm fans. I have it set to the Breathe mode.
Someone who has it!

What connectors does it come with, and can you give me a rough idea of how it works? The pictures show just two connections on the controller: a 6-pin and a 2-pin, both male. My fan's RGB connector is also a 3-pin male. How will they connect?

Fan's 3 Pin Male connector -> Adapter (3-pin male to 2-pin female) -> ARGB Controller <- SATA to 6 Pin <- SATA power connector

Did I get that right? Also, do I neet to buy other cables or just the stuff that comes with controller will do?

Last edited:

I'm using this one and it has so many ports to play with. it has like endless possibilities with 4 argb ports and 1 rgb and it doesn't necessarily need to be connected to your mobos argb/rgb as these runs individually and usb and makes it possible to use it virtually with any motherboard or aftermarket software's.

Using it since the time I was in your situation...a mobo with no argb ports yet I was able to lit up my rig and now my mobo ports are relaxing while this controller takes care of everything.

This keeps coming on forum for sale I bought it here itself few yrs back.

I'm using this one and it has so many ports to play with. it has like endless possibilities with 4 argb ports and 1 rgb and it doesn't necessarily need to be connected to your mobos argb/rgb as these runs individually and usb and makes it possible to use it virtually with any motherboard or aftermarket software's.

Using it since the time I was in your situation...a mobo with no argb ports yet I was able to lit up my rig and now my mobo ports are relaxing while this controller takes care of everything.

This keeps coming on forum for sale I bought it here itself few yrs back.
How much did you buy it for? This one was in my go-to list along with deepcool ARGB remote connector but they are unavailable anywhere and some sites that do offer these sell for over 2k.

Back