No time for gaming

princeoo7

On a Journey called Life :P
Skilled
Selling because i have'nt done any gaming in the past 2 months and i cant bring myself to play anything new for more than 5 mins.. feel like having this sit in my system is a waste.

few pointers:
  1. All inbox accessories included.
  2. Card was deep cleaned with a brush every 2ish months and never used for anything other than occasional gaming (if that matters?).. runs perfectly.
  3. Card was registered for extended warranty. hence the 53 months remaining.
  4. Will include a Cablemod 12HPWR Male Cable to 3-8PIN Female Extenstion cable for a additional 2K, costed me 3.5kish i think.
  5. if you have a cheap card like a 2060 super or something that can run a 4k+2k display just for day to day operations at high refresh rates and looking to upgrade to this, i would be okay doing a market value+cash deal aswell.
Gaming ka haal to sabka same he lag raha he :arghh: pata nahi time kidhar ja raha he :nailbiting: Good pricing ...

Gaming ka haal to sabka same he lag raha he :arghh: pata nahi time kidhar ja raha he :nailbiting: Good pricing ...
bhai, india mein ye haal hogaya hain that everybody has to work hard because with 1.4 BILLION people in a nation this small there is huge competition for everything. adults are ofc facing the regular problem across the world of simply being too tired to have fun anymore, too burnt out, but now even kids have to study all day everyday to get good marks, good college, find a job. i hate overpopulation, i hate our politicians.

20 years ago most of TE members, told well settled in there respective fields, might be very active in gaming.(15 years to 25 years age or above and even today)
(though we had limited options for multiplayer and/or consoles, atleast me only restricted to PC or CS/Unreal on LAN)

But time these days have changed drastically..
Gaming has taken shape in form of Mobiles as well.
There is lot of content available to watch in form of YT, prime, netflix (where people have shifted focus from gaming to other areas as well)
Studies require more time, then in those age 20+ years back.

Also, while being able to game anytime at home during the pandemic felt rejuvenating for a while, it didn't take a whole lot of time to burn out. Can't just go back to the old days where there was no care in the world when you were in front of your own screen.

Now it is back to working with screens in office for the majority of the day to complete tasks and then having gaming as another task in front of the screen. It doesn't help that game duration and grind has increased with a lot of generative content and due to the influence of social media, which measures engagement over fulfillment.

Having said so, I found a lot of joy playing story based games like Yakuza or HL Alyx with trainers and not having to go through the grind. That is the only way I can game now when the competition to it is just watching on-demand stuff while doing nothing.

Having said so, I found a lot of joy playing story based games like Yakuza or HL Alyx with trainers and not having to go through the grind. That is the only way I can game now when the competition to it is just watching on-demand stuff while doing nothing.
Trainers are necessary for games that focus on grinding too much.

For e.g in Shadow of the Tomb Raider, I want to explore around, enjoying the beautiful map, solving puzzles, etc, rather then constantly keeping an eye out for inventory items, like collecting wood and feathers to make freakin arrows in case I get attacked. It's a game, making me grind to "earn" arrows isn't gonna magically make it "realistic". If a jaguar decides to jump me IRL, it's gonna win hands down.

Games are supposed to be fun and relaxing, not feel like a part time job where you have an in-game career, or you can "pay to win" by buying extra items with real money.

Also it's sad that by the time you make enough money to buy great hardware and games, you will have neither the time nor the inclination to actually play; meanwhile those that do have time and energy can't afford to spend on gaming.

Gaming should be fun. If you're not having fun, it's totally ok to stop, you can't force yourself to have fun. Take a break from it once in a while to avoid burn-out. Seeing the Gaming Backlog thread makes me cringe. As we grow older, our interests change, it's ok if you don't want to sit in front of a screen after spending hours working in front of a screen. Pick a different hobby, else gaming is just another chore you "have to do".

I found a lot of joy playing story based games like Yakuza or HL Alyx with trainers and not having to go through the grind. That is the only way I can game now when the competition to it is just watching on-demand stuff while doing nothing.
I do this too. Story games demanding grind or higher difficulty to consume more time just to progress further in storyline are just pathetic.

Trainers are necessary for games that focus on grinding too much.

For e.g in Shadow of the Tomb Raider, I want to explore around, enjoying the beautiful map, solving puzzles, etc, rather then constantly keeping an eye out for inventory items, like collecting wood and feathers to make freakin arrows in case I get attacked. It's a game, making me grind to "earn" arrows isn't gonna magically make it "realistic". If a jaguar decides to jump me IRL, it's gonna win hands down.

Games are supposed to be fun and relaxing, not feel like a part time job where you have an in-game career, or you can "pay to win" by buying extra items with real money.

Also it's sad that by the time you make enough money to buy great hardware and games, you will have neither the time nor the inclination to actually play; meanwhile those that do have time and energy can't afford to spend on gaming.

Gaming should be fun. If you're not having fun, it's totally ok to stop, you can't force yourself to have fun. Take a break from it once in a while to avoid burn-out. Seeing the Gaming Backlog thread makes me cringe. As we grow older, our interests change, it's ok if you don't want to sit in front of a screen after spending hours working in front of a screen. Pick a different hobby, else gaming is just another chore you "have to do".
unfortunately during burnout it feels like someone is holding a gun to the back of my head and telling me to play (i am). i dont want to play, but im almost addicted to being infront of the screen. im not old enough to be in that "screen 24/7" stage but it happens anyways.

unfortunately during burnout it feels like someone is holding a gun to the back of my head and telling me to play (i am). i dont want to play, but im almost addicted to being infront of the screen. im not old enough to be in that "screen 24/7" stage but it happens anyways.
The solution is to balance between multiple hobbies. Pick up a physical activity like running/badminton/cycling etc, anything that gets you away from a screen for an hour or two. But once again, don't get addicted to any one activity. I've seen folk join a gym, workout for hours every single day until they damage a muscle/bone.

The key to anything is balance and regular breaks. Addiction is the opposite of that: no matter how much you do it, you no longer get the same satisfaction you used to get, so you go into a feedback loop where you keep doing it more and more, but you get less and less return.

Nah I'm 36 now and I have the same passion for gaming as I had 15 or so years ago. Only problem is managing time. Back in those days it was to hell with studies and game non stop for numerous hours (I did 6+ on several occasions). But now I can't do more than 2. I was absent from playing story based fps for about 7 years up until just last week, when I started playing a bit of far cry 3, but feeling rather dizzy after few mins, don't know why! Doesn't happen with CS, which I can play without any dizziness for hours, but I've uninstalled that game for good now. And then there's the mouse movement issue, it just feels rubbish like how the mouse is floating in Far cry 3, can't control shite. I just want to get back to gaming slowly. It's not worth having a life to completely ditch gaming (or your favourite leisure) for work and work.

I still remember one weekend at office playing CS it was two decades ago.
(installed cs statistics on a dedicated server in lan)
There were total of 22+ players when we started playing.

We started on Friday evening and were playing non-stop till Sunday afternoon (left with 9 players total)

We never had that fun back again.
Pizzas, burgers, drinks all on table for 2 days..
Best part being one our boss was way too interested as well.

Man, I am 21 and barely get time to game. Sometimes story mode games or Euro Truck, finishing one delivery. Maybe once or twice a month, and that is everyone once in a while, Valo with my friends and only 2 or 3 of us in total from a group of 10 of us. We used to play a crazy amount when we had online classes but I guess once we had to go to college for classes, we basically quit. Had a higher calling in terms of education basically, started going to the gym (quit in between cause of poor time management and no money but forcing myself going again) and just writing books.

I don't really wish to be like my parents who don't really have any hobbies other than WhatsApp, YouTube or calls with their relatives (no offence to them.) Only a matter of time before I land up in a dead-end job and only focus on paying bills. :( Some of these stories are kinda sad, not gonna lie.

I just started earning and could save up enough money to buy a 5 year old graphics card and a used office pc for fulfilling my 10 year dream of playing AAA games. After all that waiting, I'm just not able to realise my dream. Not able to find time at all between work. Pathetic, the state of over competition in India. I see competition everywhere, from my commute to work where a 2 wheeler guy wants to move ahead and stand right at the stop line waiting for the signal to turn green, to degrees and courses and job placements having less than 5% success rate. To hell with this population and competitive mindset of us Indians

I see competition everywhere, from my commute to work where a 2 wheeler guy wants to move ahead and stand right at the stop line waiting for the signal to turn green, to degrees and courses and job placements having less than 5% success rate. To hell with this population and competitive mindset of us Indians
For future reference, when I stop posting, know that this was the reason of my brain death. I just cannot cope with this type of attitude. People continuously forcing me from behind, be it when i am on a two/four wheeler with brain damaging honking, or knocking on atm door as if I can control the speed of a atm machine and so on. Rush in some cities are absurdly abnormal compared to others btw, like I havent seen people taking their two wheelers through the footpath in bangalore or calcutta, but in mumbai it's so common. When I saw that first time I thought those foot paths were legitimately allowing two wheelers. People need to CALM THE F DOWN. This is not OT, but just further proves the point that we need some quality leisure, like gaming :)

This hits really close to home, My dad was a gaming/tech nerd too, He mostly played older games like Duke Nukem, Prince of Persia etc (He had the entire Sands of Time and Warrior Within memorized lol), I remember him helping me beat Warrior Within, He even built me a custom pc back in (2009-2010) but general life happened and he had to leave it alone, by the time I grew up I was in the rat race for AIEEE back then and could only dream about it.

Now that I do have a proper rig and can afford it, I just don't have time to play anything, it's already hard for me to keep up with the changes in my field and stay relevant plus everyday job bullshit. One thing I will definitely do is to do the same with my future kids, what my father did for me. I still remember those days playing Duke Nukem, PoP etc with my father. Those were the good days.

When I saw that first time I thought those foot paths were legitimately allowing two wheelers.
@sauravghosh Yes lol, those are legit property of many 2 wheelers in Mumbai, they have special allowance from BMC..

They wouldn't care about barricades ahead, they will jump off there vehicles even from height of 1+ feet's in cases.

Bindaas guys.

@sauravghosh Yes lol, those are legit property of many 2 wheelers in Mumbai, they have special allowance from BMC..

They wouldn't care about barricades ahead, they will jump off there vehicles even from height of 1+ feet's in cases.

Bindaas guys.

@sauravghosh
But time these days have changed drastically..
Gaming has taken shape in form of Mobiles as well.
There is lot of content available to watch in form of YT, prime, netflix (where people have shifted focus from gaming to other areas as well)
Studies require more time, then in those age 20+ years back.

just too much information/media-overload as well (regular release of just too many games to be able to follow let alone try or play, consoles, PC hardware-software, and then OTT-content, social media, YT, websites/articles etc etc etc.), then your hobbies/physical activities (if any), chores and the very (V.E.R.Y.) limited number of time which one can dedicate to each of it (ofcourse not all in a day) that 24 hours a day feel atrociously insufficient! distractions abound! so one can only do so much, whether in a day or days or weeks or months. even during my 'heydays' of gaming i'd normally not be able to stretch beyond the usual 2-2.5 hrs of a session, although i was more-or-less a 'regular' for some years. it was/is surely an addiction or can turn into one so need some 'detox' too every-now-and-then. though since a long time not being able to get even those couple of hours atleast combined in a week or more did use to make me anxious (does even now at times lol). but, i instinctively follow/do what @n1r0 has very well-mentioned and don't fret about it all anymore mostly, and without being too reactive as far as i can help my self, just go with the 'flow' of the real-scenario daily-grind of this RPG we term 'life'. even a few minutes of reading about games/gaming or glancing through a few articles/vids quickly usually serves to relieve the recurrent 'itch' temporarily for the time-being lol.

Last edited:
The solution is to balance between multiple hobbies. Pick up a physical activity like running/badminton/cycling etc, anything that gets you away from a screen for an hour or two. But once again, don't get addicted to any one activity. I've seen folk join a gym, workout for hours every single day until they damage a muscle/bone.

The key to anything is balance and regular breaks. Addiction is the opposite of that: no matter how much you do it, you no longer get the same satisfaction you used to get, so you go into a feedback loop where you keep doing it more and more, but you get less and less return.
thanks for the advice, will remember it.

Soon, Artificial Intelligence will leave most of us unemployed and dependent upon Universal Basic Income. Then we will have a lot of time for gaming, that is, if we are lucky to survive the war.

Also, while being able to game anytime at home during the pandemic felt rejuvenating for a while, it didn't take a whole lot of time to burn out. Can't just go back to the old days where there was no care in the world when you were in front of your own screen.

Now it is back to working with screens in office for the majority of the day to complete tasks and then having gaming as another task in front of the screen. It doesn't help that game duration and grind has increased with a lot of generative content and due to the influence of social media, which measures engagement over fulfillment.

I relate with this. I recently found some joy in gaming again with The Last of Us.

Back